Heisman finalists announced (HENRY WINS THE HEISMAN!)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Heisman finalists announced on 6pm Eastern (5pm Central) on Sportscenter ESPN2

I did a search and found this thread from last year. Looks like a lot predicted Henry could be our next one.

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226740
Off the subject alittle... but whoever wrote that " Jacob Coker:
Again, I don't think he in any way finds himself in the discussion. However, if he leads us to an undefeated season, and if he puts up really good numbers, he could conceivably get there. He has the backfield to keep the defense from committing to stopping the pass, and he has the receivers to get the ball to that can help him put up a lot of numbers. I think a lot of his candidacy will depend on if the play calling will require for him to be a game manager or a play maker, and if the O-line can keep his jersey clean.
IS that what he was doing this year :)

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
Re: Heisman finalists announced on 6pm Eastern (5pm Central) on Sportscenter ESPN2

I know I'm a homer, but I just don't get the Henry hate that I see on other boards. People are just idiots sometimes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I know I'm a homer, but I just don't get the Henry hate that I see on other boards. People are just idiots sometimes.
This happens every year. It isn't personal. Most people simply don't know how to support their own side of an argument without poor mouthing the other side. If the positives of your position are not enough to win the argument, you should lose.

In an ideal debate, everyone puts forth the best case for their proposal or candidate and the facts are left to stand for themselves. In modern debate, everyone spends 10 seconds taking about their proposal or candidate and the rest of their time bashing the competition.

This happens every year. It isn't personal. Most people simply don't know how to support their own side of an argument without poor mouthing the other side. If the positives of your position are not enough to win the argument, you should lose.

In an ideal debate, everyone puts forth the best case for their proposal or candidate and the facts are left to stand for themselves. In modern debate, everyone spends 10 seconds taking about their proposal or candidate and the rest of their time bashing the competition.
This is why I respect you. I cannot say I know many fans that cheer for other teams that think logically, but you are one.

My crimson shades are back on now.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

If you read the twitter, you will see so many people hating on Henry talking about he hasn't done anything special this year and how McCaffery did the impossible thing. No one wants to state the facts, they just want to go by the stats, and I've seen people coming up with stats on their own that arent accurate but they continue to say it's the fact. The fact is Henry did something that only one RB has done in history, contacts after hits and carrying 90 times in last two games... unheard of. His performance the last three games spoke for itself. McCaffery is a good player, and he deserve to be up there with others, but the knock against him is that they often pull him out of goalline situations and thats not good at all. If they left him in there.. he probably would get 10 more touchdowns for the season and I think he locks the heisman up over Henry.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

McCaffrey currently up 46-40 over Henry in the ESPN heisman experts poll, taking 6 of 10 first place votes.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

McCaffrey currently up 46-40 over Henry in the ESPN heisman experts poll, taking 6 of 10 first place votes.
Do these "ESPN Heisman Experts" actually have heisman votes or are they just trolling as usual?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I read yesterday that the vast majority of hesiman voters had already sent in their votes BEFORE the conference championship games were played. IOW, most voters felt like Henry had already done enough to earn their vote. If that's the case then I don't see how McCaffrey would have a chance considering he didn't really start picking up steam and public sentiment until AFTER the PAC-12 championship game..

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I read yesterday that the vast majority of hesiman voters had already sent in their votes BEFORE the conference championship games were played. IOW, most voters felt like Henry had already done enough to earn their vote. If that's the case then I don't see how McCaffrey would have a chance considering he didn't really start picking up steam and public sentiment until AFTER the PAC-12 championship game..
Most voters send in their ballots before the conference championship games every year. I agree that it helps Henry.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Most voters send in their ballots before the conference championship games every year. I agree that it helps Henry.
That was my take also. Was there much talk about McCaffrey winning the heisman before the championship games? I don't recall him seriously being talked about winning the heisman until after the championship games..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

That was my take also. Was there much talk about McCaffrey winning the heisman before the championship games? I don't recall him seriously being talked about winning the heisman until after the championship games..
No there was very little talk about McCaffrey. It was all about how Henry had it wrapped up especially if he didn't falter against Florida. Then, McCaffrey has a great game against USC and the entire narrative changes.

Most sports media are like the dog in the movie Up. Something runs by them and their entire attention is shifted. "Squirrel!"

am4bama

Nov 3, 2013
Spout Springs, NC

I guess we will find out. Heisman is and should be most valuable player for the team. McCaffrey did not carry his team to the playoffs. Henry did. Without him another team would be in playoffs and would not be Stanford. I know some will say a backup could have guided this team to the playoffs. If the backups were good, Henry would not have carried the ball 90 times last 2 games. Hopefully it is a true Heisman selection based on performance and not anti Bama selection.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL

If the backups were good, Henry would not have carried the ball 90 times last 2 games. Hopefully it is a true Heisman selection based on performance and not anti Bama selection.
Our backups are quite talented. The problem was Injury (Drake) and inexperience (Scarborough/Harris). They are plenty good enough to play - all three of them.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.