Heisman finalists announced (HENRY WINS THE HEISMAN!)

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
Re: Heisman finalists announced on 6pm Eastern (5pm Central) on Sportscenter ESPN2

This happens every year. It isn't personal. Most people simply don't know how to support their own side of an argument without poor mouthing the other side. If the positives of your position are not enough to win the argument, you should lose.

In an ideal debate, everyone puts forth the best case for their proposal or candidate and the facts are left to stand for themselves. In modern debate, everyone spends 10 seconds taking about their proposal or candidate and the rest of their time bashing the competition.
That is the most sense I've heard anyone make of anything in at least a week ( church was sunday sooo...) I may use this quote on facebook

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Re: Heisman finalists announced on 6pm Eastern (5pm Central) on Sportscenter ESPN2

I guess we will find out. Heisman is and should be most valuable player for the team. McCaffrey did not carry his team to the playoffs. Henry did. Without him another team would be in playoffs and would not be Stanford. I know some will say a backup could have guided this team to the playoffs. If the backups were good, Henry would not have carried the ball 90 times last 2 games. Hopefully it is a true Heisman selection based on performance and not anti Bama selection.
Disagree. In general, it should be awarded to the best college football player in the country. Specifically, from the Heisman Trust Mission Statement, The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

There is no requirement for the team to be in the playoffs or to even have a winning record.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

There is definitely some Alabama fatigue out there. While flicking through sports channels yesterday I heard two talking heads yesterday say they wouldn't vote for DH because they hate CNS and the other is tired of Alabama. They seemed to be pretty silly acting so I don't know if they were serious or not.

Seems to me there was a concerted effort to make last week "Heisman Saturday". Whichever contender had the best game should win the Heisman. That's why CM had a lot of late support IMO.

There is definitely some Alabama fatigue out there. While flicking through sports channels yesterday I heard two talking heads yesterday say they wouldn't vote for DH because they hate CNS and the other is tired of Alabama. They seemed to be pretty silly acting so I don't know if they were serious or not.

Seems to me there was a concerted effort to make last week "Heisman Saturday". Whichever contender had the best game should win the Heisman. That's why CM had a lot of late support IMO.
And it should never be won off one game. It's the reason why Fournetter was still in it even after the Bama debacle. It was over the month the he lost it. McCaffrey is a phenomenal player but nope! I've watched the games and I have no East Coast bias like they are trying to say. Reggie Bush shouldn't have won if that was the case, but he was a great player and definitely should have won in 2005. That's just using their logic.

If a team has half a defense they shut him down. SHUT HIM DOWN. You cannot say that about Henry who's scored in every game this season.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Said earlier that I had a feeling about this. I`m truly sorry that it appears that it may indeed be borne out.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

All I know, is that if DH doesn't win the Heisman, Heaven help the Spartans Defense.......it might get dang ugly....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

The good news is that I think many of the ballots were already filled out before Saturday's games....
Better news, is that if he loses, Coach Saban and Crew will be drilling that "no respect" buzz into the ears of the OL, DH, and I'm guessing.....that CLK wants to add another Hesiman to his Resume as well....and he may have something he wants to prove as well.

I hope he wins....but his quality of life (if he plays it right) will be superb.....for many years to come.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

I have had a feeling this was coming. I am going to choose to not be upset about it. I think Christian McCaffrey is very deserving anyway.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

There is no requirement for the team to be in the playoffs or to even have a winning record.
Yep - Paul Hornung says , hello!

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009

Well, if Henry doesn't win it, I'll never pay any attention to the Heisman hype again. That'll teach 'em!:)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

The moral of the story is that it's more important to rack up yards against weak defenses than it is to have your best games against the best teams. I respect the other candidates, but Henry was at his best against the best teams and best defenses. He didn't just take what was given to him, he took what he had to take.

Also, if Henry had been returning kickoffs we wouldn't even be having this discussion... if the voting keeps up this way, then the bias is unquestionable. McCaffrey has 13 touchdowns, his team is out of contention. He's a great player, but he has a lot of empty yards. If that's what it takes to win the Heisman now, just return kicks, then the award is a joke.

Last edited:

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

If for some reason Henry doesn't win the Heisman I'm going to feel really bad for Michigan States defense!

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I'm still extremely confident Henry wins. I think they're just trying to generate some interest by acting like McCaffery has a chance.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Did you hear something? I'm confused.
Just from paying attention to the talking heads (some who have votes), I have felt that over the past two weeks or so it's gone gradually from "Henry's the front runner; way out in the lead" to something much less enthusiastic about his chances. McCaffrey has, in my opinion, been getting an increasing amount of "love" during that time. It feels like the Manning/Woodson year where Manning was the presumptive favorite, but people grew tired of that story line and decided to go against the grain and vote Woodson. In this case, Henry has been the favorite for several weeks and has done nothing to diminish that, but for some reason I've felt McCaffrey gaining on him in public opinion.

I don't know how it's going to turn out, obviously. No inside information. No reason to be confused. Just my observation and opinion.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I still can't rectify the huge ages line with people think ing Henry will lose. I can't imagine aline that big unless they know something we don't, because otherwise people who put money on McCaffrey are going to hammer Vegas...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I still can't rectify the huge ages line with people think ing Henry will lose. I can't imagine aline that big unless they know something we don't, because otherwise people who put money on McCaffrey are going to hammer Vegas...
Looks like the lines have dropped but are still strongly in Derrick's favor.

Henry -600
McCaffrey +300
Watson +2000

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.