Heisman finalists announced (HENRY WINS THE HEISMAN!)

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Just saw that the Heisman finalists will be announced on the 6pm Eastern Sportscenter tonight on ESPN2. The talking heads were pushing McCaffrey which made me sick to my stomach.

He is a fine player. but let me see him do that with SEC defenses. And also, I don't see Stanford in the playoffs anywhere.

Re: Heisman finalists announced on 6pm Eastern (5pm Central) on Sportscenter ESPN2

I'm sorry. McCaffrey is great but he isn't anywhere as good as Henry is. They are talking a couple of games, I'm looking at the season, the competition, and the stakes. Nobody has even come close including McCaffrey. When everyone was saying it all Henry, well, where was McCaffrey then? He wasn't even being mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Re: Heisman finalists announced on 6pm Eastern (5pm Central) on Sportscenter ESPN2

I expect, if they invite five, it will be:

Henry
McCaffrey
Watson
Mayfield
Reynolds

ESPN is selling air time. If this thing is perceived as a runaway, then viewership declines. Ergo, "let's talk up the others".

If Henry doesn't win, then they need to throw the trophy on a sporting goods trash heap.

dirkg

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2014
www.facebook.com

Each of the guys mentioned are worthy on their own merits. Henry has had a phenomenal year and I am happy to see him get the invite.... If he wins it-even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

It's a team sport. I'm always happy for our guys when they get individual awards but none of it would come without the rest of the team.

If Henry gets the trophy, he's earned it and deserves it. If someone else gets it, kudos to them.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

My guess is McCaffrey will be 3rd behind Henry and Watson, but could very well be 2nd. I think ESPN is just drumming up viewers, or trying to. If anyone but DH wins, it will be a huge surprise to me and validation that there is more "Bama fatigue" out there than we imagined.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Meh, it is what it is - I hope DH wins, but the top three or so candidates are all very good. Worrying about it won't do anything but make you miserable.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Henry is a finalist - one of three with the kid from Stanford and the kid from Clemson. I love the fact that they only invited three - means the the vote wasn't terribly diluted with other candidates. I think that this really helps Henry.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Henry is a finalist - one of three with the kid from Stanford and the kid from Clemson. I love the fact that they only invited three - means the the vote wasn't terribly diluted with other candidates. I think that this really helps Henry.

I think it will help not having Cook there to split up the Southern votes as well. Just wonder if McCaffrey will get all the west votes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think it will help not having Cook there to split up the Southern votes as well. Just wonder if McCaffrey will get all the west votes.

The votes have already been cast. The number invited is a reflection of the number of votes actually received.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

The votes have already been cast. The number invited is a reflection of the number of votes actually received.

Yes, I know they had to be turned in earlier today. Just curious how they were all split up. Since we have two players on the East coast and only 1 on the west coast. Hope that doesn't hurt him.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

It's Henry, McCaffrey, and Watson. IMO these 3 are heads above the others, so I agree with only 3 invitations. If we set aside our bias the truth is this is as even a top 3 as we've had in a while. A very good argument could be made for any of these 3 winning the Heisman.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

It's about as political and crooked as the old team polling used to be. Rooting for Henry. Won't be shocked if a bunch of clowns on the West Coast leave him off their ballots entirely. After ESPN wasted so much air time plumping other candidates, just watch them acted shocked, SHOCKED, if Henry gets screwed by regional bias.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

It's about as political and crooked as the old team polling used to be. Rooting for Henry. Won't be shocked if a bunch of clowns on the West Coast leave him off their ballots entirely. After ESPN wasted so much air time plumping other candidates, just watch them acted shocked, SHOCKED, if Henry gets screwed by regional bias.
Well, if he doesn't win it, the most important Trophy is the one we all want: THE National Championship Trophy.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Is it still political and crooked if Henry wins it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.