Chris Black Transferring from Alabama and Going to Mizzou

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Chris Black Transferring from Alabama

He was one of our top 3 receivers through the Tennessee game. He hasn't had much involvement in the passing game since 7 catches v. Tennessee. Teams were really keying on the boot action, other guys have stepped up big time, we've probably asked him to stay in and help the tackles more at times.

edit: He's still narrowly the 3rd leading receiver on the team ahead of Mullaney but Mullaney is tied with Ridley for the team-high 5 receiving TDs.

Last edited:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Yes, he recently has surgery, an ankle I believe.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Black was getting less playing time than Charlot and C Sims, who was not 100%. Was Black injured the 2nd half of the season, also?
He's been injured pretty much all season. He had season ending surgery a few weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa

He's been injured pretty much all season. He had season ending surgery a few weeks back.

Injured pretty much all career long. Always felt like he was ready to break out but just never did, even outside of injuries.
Be interesting to see where he lands. Best of luck Chris !

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Best of luck sir! Thank you for representing this University with class.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Hate to see this is the case but wish him success. Was pulling for him to reach his full potential with us but a string of injuries really hampered him.

CNcrimson

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012

looking forward to hearing your name called on saturdays, chris. thank you for your time and dedication at alabama.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

It truly suxs at what could've been for Chris at Alabama, as good as Amari was, Chris had him beat out before the injury bug bite him..Scary to think about that after we see how good Amari turned out..
Can't agree more. Amari took advantage of his opportunity in his freshman year when Chris Black suffered his first injury. Since that time, Amari grew to being the best WR in college football. Additionally, there were other WR such as White, Christian Jones, etc who stayed ahead of him. I wish him all the best at another school. Wonder if he will transfer to Georgia to be on CKS' team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

At least he can play immediately. He has his degree, and that will help him for the rest of his life. Wish him luck.

crimson_flame

Scout Team
Aug 16, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL

If I had to guess, I think he's a redshirt junior, and that tells me he should be graduating this weekend from UA. I'm assuming he might end up at UGA.... or somewhere nearby.
He was all set to transfer to USCe, but now with the coaching change, who knows?!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I think UGA would be a great place for him. The staff liked him or he wouldn't have still been here...they would have chased him off if he wasn't playing for a lack of effort in practice, ya know?

He could help sorta set an example of the kind of player Smart expects from his guys. May be some play time there for him because it ain't like their WRs looked all that good this year either.

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
Hope he does well enough to make it to the league

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.