CBS Sports Writer Dennis Dodds: Sooners to Defeat Tide for Title

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I love it. Now we just need a couple saying Mich State is going to trash us because our pass defense is worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I keep hearing the talking heads say our offense worries them. I'm assuming that is part of the reason, but we will win the championship with our defense. IMO.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Well....Oklahoma seems to be playing at a high level right now. However I keep going back to their very close win against TCU.
In reality...a case can be made for each of the four playoff teams to win the whole thing. It looks like there will be three great games.
I definitely think Bama will show up to play! (however I am a little concerned that the whole Kirby Smart thing could be a bigger distraction than we think).

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
P"

I don't care what he personally thinks, but he is a representative of cbs sports--an entity that has a huge financial stake with our conference. Interpret it however you want, but given That connection I find this rather interesting. And bringing to light more bulletin board material doesn't hurt.
You nailed it...all about the money in today's world. You can make his case or you can make any one of 3 other cases...let the games begin.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
You nailed it...all about the money in today's world. You can make his case or you can make any one of 3 other cases...let the games begin.

There are exceptions to everything, sure. But an established guy like Dodd, though not immune to the economic relatities of his employer, is not beholden to his company's advertisers or business partners. He's supposed to think before he writes, then write what he thinks.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
I kinda like being underdogs for a change. I hope all the pundits make us one.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
I think Clemson has a good chance against Okl. When Okl won there hardest games against teams who were playing there 2nd and 3rd team QB's. Right now Clemson's 1st team QB will be there and at 100%. So that is why I think Clemson has a good chance.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I have read a case for every team to beat every other team, which means nothing. Bama and Oklahoma are considered the two strongest according to Vegas, near even. The argument for Oklahoma is their quarterback vs our secondaries biggest challenge so far. Bama vs Oky is going to be a very interesting game. I put my instincts over any of these writers.

Last edited:

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I know I'm in the minority, but I think OU doesn't get by Clemson. Clemson had to hang on their last couple of games, but they played 10 straight weeks and they were probably running on fumes. They wore OU out last year without Watson. I know this is a different year, but I still expect Clemson wins this.

What worries me about Bama is if we fall behind. Our offense is okay if we have the lead or are close. But if we have to drop back and throw to get back into the game, we're in serious trouble.

That said, I think our defense keeps us close enough to run our offense against whoever we face. I have no idea how this turns out, but I like our chances.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
They may very well beat us. But if you set the line on the game today, we would still be Bama -6 or so.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I have red about 20 different sports writers' predictions for the playoffs, and NONE have picked Alabama to win it all. Now, none were from the Southeast, but that is still startling. Have you guys come across articles with a writer picking Alabama to win it all?

To be clear, most are picking Alabama to beat MSU, but they expect Alabama to lose to Oklahoma (and a few to Clemson).

I'm happy when all the 'Shot in the Dark' experts pick us to loose.
I'm real happy when our guys have a chip on their shoulder.
BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They may very well beat us. But if you set the line on the game today, we would still be Bama -6 or so.

You understand that this doesn't mean that Vegas thinks that Alabama will win by 6, right?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Dodd works for a Television company and is an internet columnist. Think about it, he gets no air time and the only way he gets noticed is to make people upset. He just wants to generate clicks to preserve his job. He really has no credibility as a journalist. He was being interviewed on JOX one day and hung up on Jay because Jay had the gall to question one of his articles insulting Alabama.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
You understand that this doesn't mean that Vegas thinks that Alabama will win by 6, right?
Don't go down this rabbit hole. I have tried to explain how the line is set and why it moves for years. It falls on deaf ears.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
There's nothing trendy about picking Alabama to win. It's not a new or exciting/interesting narrative, or one that generates clicks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.