Alabama Going After Shea Patterson One Last Time

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban and Kiffin will visit with him Wednesday.

"I'm committed to Ole Miss and pretty sure that's where I want to go. Then again, you don't know what's going to happen and you can't really burn any bridges," he said. "I don't want any regrets when I look back. I want to know that I did everything possible to put myself in the right position to succeed."

The situation should become much clearer following these coach encounters. Patterson, a U.S. Army All-American Player of the Year finalist, didn't rule out the possibility of reciprocating Saban's visit with a late trip to Tuscaloosa.

"I'm not sure yet. It just depends how that in-home visit goes," he said.

The pressure is on Alabama's most notable coaches to clearly present their case for Patterson's potential flip from Ole Miss. The Crimson Tide signed fellow Elite 11 MVP Blake Barnett last cycle and currently carry commitment from 4-star quarterbacks Jalen Hurts (2016) and Jake Fromm (2017).

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Great news, but that`s a ton of QB talent (Barnett, Fromm, Hurts ). Would love to be a fly on the wall during that visit! Wonder who OM has lined up behind Kelly?

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
I wonder what this does with Hurts status. I believe Saban and Burns met with Hurts in the last day or so. What does that say about Hurts if we are pursuing another qb?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I wonder what this does with Hurts status. I believe Saban and Burns met with Hurts in the last day or so. What does that say about Hurts if we are pursuing another qb?
I feel certain the coaches are keeping everyone somewhat aware of what's going on and in this day and age you have to. I love Hurts and what he brings to the table but Patterson is the top ranked QB for a reason. He may realize his ticket to the NFL is playing and learning in a pro-style offense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Meyer pressing, too. Not sure why since he is not projected as a scrambler in college. The Meyer offense does not work without the read option.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
I thought that the Ole Miss Brown Bears hired his brother as a coach. If so, I am surprised that we would waste time with him. Maybe we just are so strong on the recruiting trail that we feel like everyone is a prospect. Maybe he was 2nd on our board and we wanted him to know that a spot was open if Hurts changes his mind.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.