Link: Art Briles Just Pooped His Pants - Big 12 Teams Must Now Play at Least 1 P5 OOC Team

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

In an effort to improve the league's strength of schedule ratings, the Big 12 has announced a new scheduling requirement that will force every team play at least one nonconference game against an opponent from a Power Five conference (ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC and Notre Dame).

BYU and Army will also be considered acceptable Power Five opponents, according to ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

No existing game contracts will be impacted by this new requirement and there is no hard deadline, but this is clearly a move that has resulted from the decisions of the first two College Football Playoff Selection Committees.

"Schedule strength is a key component in CFP Selection Committee deliberations," commissioner Bob Bowlsby said. "This move will strengthen the resumes for all Big 12 teams. Coupled with the nine-game full round robin Conference schedule our teams play, it will not only benefit the teams at the top of our standings each season, but will impact the overall strength of the Conference."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Welcome Army, Vandy, UK, Indiana, etc. This will change nothing unless they play someone middle up in those conferences.

ETA - but lacking a championship game, it is a good start.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I also expect the Big 12 to add two more teams and go to two divisions and have a proper Conference Championship game in the future soon.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I also expect the Big 12 to add two more teams and go to two divisions and have a proper Conference Championship game in the future soon.
Are there any more teams in Texas they can annex into the Texas Football League to get to a championship game?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
BTW, love Army, but how do they make that list? Seriously, their football team would get smoked by Vandy/Indiana almost every year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
BTW, love Army, but how do they make that list? Seriously, their football team would get smoked by Vandy/Indiana almost every year.
By playing Army or Navy, teams show they love America.

Better question - why is Navy on the list but not the other AAC schools? Or why are Army and Navy on the list but not Air Force?

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I was going to make a joke about every team in the Big XII calling Army but it looks like I was beat to it multiple times over.

Army being on the list is silly. They're a bottom 20 team in FBS.

I'd assume Memphis and Houston would be the two most likely schools to get added to the Big XII.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
I was going to make a joke about every team in the Big XII calling Army but it looks like I was beat to it multiple times over.

Army being on the list is silly. They're a bottom 20 team in FBS.

I'd assume Memphis and Houston would be the two most likely schools to get added to the Big XII.
These two make the most sense geographically. At least more sense than West Virginia. Plus Memphis gets you a foot in the door to SEC country. A lot of talent in the SEC has come out of Memphis and the Memphis-area.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.