2015 College Football Awards Thread

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's the thread with a list of the awards that had Alabama players on the watch or semifinalist list.

The winner of the award is in bold.

AwardDescriptionPlayerPlayerPlayerPlayerPlayerPlayer
Bronko Nagurski AwardBest Defensive PlayerJeremy Cash, DukeShaq Lawson, ClemsonTyler Matakevich, TempleCarl Nassib, Penn StateReggie Ragland, Alabama
Butkus AwardMost Outstanding LinebackerLeonard Floyd, GeorgiaDeion Jones, LSURaekwon McMillan, Ohio StateReggie Ragland, AlabamaJaylon Smith, Notre Dame
Maxwell AwardOutstanding PlayerDerrick Henry, AlabamaChristian McCaffrey, StanfordDeshaun Watson, Clemson
Walter CampPlayer of the YearDerrick Henry, AlabamaChristian McCaffrey, StanfordBaker Mayfield, OklahomaDeshaun Watson, ClemsonDesmond King, Iowa
Doak WalkerRunning BackLeonard Fournette, LSUDerrick Henry, AlabamaChristian McCaffrey, Stanford
Davey O'BrienQuarterbackTrevone Boykin, TCUBaker Mayfield, OklahomaDeshaun Watson, Clemson
Johnny Unitas Golden ArmOutstanding Senior QBConner Cook, Michigan State
Fred BiletnikoffWRCorey Coleman, BaylorJosh Doctson, TCULaquon Treadwell, Ole Miss
John MackeyTight EndHunter Henry, ArkansasAustin Hooper, StanfordJordan Leggett, Clemson
Outland TrophyInterior LinemanSpencer Drango, BaylorJoshua Garnett, StanfordA'Shawn Robinson, Alabama
LombardiLinemanJoey Bosa, Ohio StateMyles Garrett, Texas A&MShaq Lawson, ClemsonCarl Nassib, Penn State
RimingtonCenterJack Allen, Michigan StateAustin Blythe, IowaRyan Kelly, Alabama
Chuck BednarikDefensive Player of the YearTyler Matakevich, TempleCarl Nassib, Penn StateReggie Ragland, Alabama
Jim ThorpeDBJeremy Cash, DukeVernon Hargreaves, III, FloridaDesmond King, Iowa
Lou GrozaPlace-KickerDaniel Carlson, AuburnJake Elliot, MemphisKa’imi Fairbairn, UCLA
Ray GuyPunterMichael Carrizosa, San Jose StateTom Hackett, UtahHayden Hunt, Colorado State
Ted HendricksDefensive End of the YearDeForest Buckner, OregonShilque Calhoun, Michigan StateMyles Garrett, Texas A&MShaq Lawson, ClemsonCarl Nassib, Penn StateEmmanuel Ogbah, Oklahoma State
Lott ImpactDefensive PlayerJeremy Cash, DukeTyler Matakevich, TempleCarl Nassib, Penn StateJoshua Perry, Ohio State
Paul HornungMost VersatileAdoree Jackson, USCChristian McCaffrey, StanfordRobert Nkemdiche, Ole MissJabrill Peppers, Michigan
Joe MooreMost Outstanding Offensive Line UnitAlabamaArkansasIowaMichigan StateNotre DameStanford

The Hope Depot College Football Awards show will be on ESPN this Thursday (December 10) at 7:00 p.m.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Boggles my mind that Tyler won this over Ragland. One is a 1st round draft pick, the other will be drafted in the middle rounds.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I also find it odd that Robinson was the only one of our d-lineman in the running for any award. So we have the best d-line in the country but they are all apparently mediocre players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Thanks RTR91. That is a great chart and easy to read. I can't believe Reggie did not win the Butkus. I can see a way they did not get the Nagurski but no doubt Reggie is the best LB.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
All of these things are so political. Every year the draft speaks a lot louder than the award committees.... Ragland is the best LB in college football and it's not particularly close.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Added another award to the list - Joe Moore Award for the most outstanding college offensive line unit. Alabama is a nominee.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Derrick Henry- SEC Offensive Player of the year
Reggie Ragland-SEC Defensive player of the year
Ryan Kelly-SEC Scholar-Athlete of the year and Jacobs Blocking Trophy Winner

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Typically, do the Doak Walker/Maxwell Award have any bearing or lend any clues as to how the Heisman voting should go?
Well it shouldn't, but If you look at the pattern.. the loser of the Heisman tend to win Maxwell award dating back to Bush era... Is it a lock? no. Theory, player could win both awards... but who knows.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Well it shouldn't, but If you look at the pattern.. the loser of the Heisman tend to win Maxwell award dating back to Bush era... Is it a lock? no. Theory, player could win both awards... but who knows.

Marcus and Cam newton won in their Heisman years. So you never know....I am guessing Watson gets the Maxwell. I do wonder if Henry will get snubbed on the Doak Walker.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.