Who's our OC next year?

shaggy

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2001
Hoover
I thought it was clear Kiffin was leaving after this year. Two year commitment, other stuff going on, whatever. But no sign anyone has reached out to him or that he is looking elsewhere. NFL maybe?

What's the word?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
So were there issues that got worked out? Jobs that we thought were coming open that didn't? Just don't want to replace an OC and a DC? Any read on what changed? It doesn't seem to be the product on the field; it's obvious what a good job he has done.
Can't really say. And I'm still not 100% sure he doesn't leave. But I think the chances are a lot greater than they were a week ago this time

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be Lane Kiffin. No problem with that. Going to be enough changing as it is. We may have personnel that fits his "style" a little better in 2016.

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
I was extremely skeptical on Kiffin when hired, but he has grown on me over the past two years. Now I'd rather see him staying with us for a long time than not. His offensive creativity cannot be disputed, and he seems to have adapted to Saban's "process" as well. Very little, if any, off-the-field or off-season distraction really.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
With Kiffin and Saban out on a recruiting trip together, and Kiffin keeping such a low profile, I think he will find away to win coach Saban over to keeping him another year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was extremely skeptical on Kiffin when hired, but he has grown on me over the past two years. Now I'd rather see him staying with us for a long time than not. His offensive creativity cannot be disputed, and he seems to have adapted to Saban's "process" as well. Very little, if any, off-the-field or off-season distraction really.
Sorry, but this part is simply not true. If he stays, it will be despite this..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Perhaps I missed things on the news cycle, but I have not heard anything related to Kiffin in a negative way on public.
He isn't going to let it go much further on that subject matter so don't expect any meat and potatoes on what it is or isn't. Just know some people have some inner knowledge on it.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It wouldn't hurt if Coach Kiff sticks around another 3-5yrs, I know he will eventually get another HC'ing shot, but, the man is pulling in a chunk of change that's comparable to the salary of HC's at smaller schools & he's got more talent with less headaches just being the Crimson Tides OC..Coach Kiffin may be a lottttt of things, he's no idiot though, why leave when he can make more money just being Bama's OC & not deal with all the responsibilities that comes along with being a HC..The longer he stays at Bama, the more & more his stock will go up, I suspect he wants a shot of seeing how goof his offense can be with a QB he's hand picked to come to T-Town & run it..I for one will be super excited about it..Just please do away with the jet sweep east to west running attack that hardly ever gained positive yrds when we tried running it & I'll be one happy happy happy Bama Fan..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.