CFB Playoff Officiating assignments

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cotton Bowl - Bama - Mich St (Big 12 crew)

Orange Bowl - Clemson/OU (B1G crew)

Championship game Bama - whoever (PAC 12 crew).

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Do we know the members of the BIG 12 crew? Just interested if they are a flag happy crew or if they tend to let the players play..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Big 12 crew means a lot more flags thrown for physical play - a good thing that Alabama and MSU both play the same style of offense and defense - no edge to either team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Actually the Louisville vs auburn game was big 12 refs and it's one of the few times auburn didn't get away from blatant hold calls and illegal men down field. But I would take any of them over ritters crew
Yeah, I wasn't criticizing their officials, they just seem to be looking for other things than SEC or B1G officials.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Each conference has it's tendencies or PERCEIVED tendencies in the way their officials call games.

So with that out of the way, can we just go ahead and march the 4 pass interference calls's we'll inevitably get off at the beginning of each quarter? Even if we are on offense at the time, just go ahead and back pedal 15 yards.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Each conference has it's tendencies or PERCEIVED tendencies in the way their officials call games.

So with that out of the way, can we just go ahead and march the 4 pass interference calls's we'll inevitably get off at the beginning of each quarter? Even if we are on offense at the time, just go ahead and back pedal 15 yards.
I think you've nailed it. My watch of Big 12 had me marveling that they'd call PI for DBs and WRs doing fairly innocent hand checks. I think they emphasize PI to ensure the offense has the advantage and keep that high scoring reputation stoked.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.