Pruitt to Michigan? (UPDATE: Announced by UA as New DC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pruitt to Michigan? (update: reports now saying to Bama)

So Pruitt tells the Georgia team he wanted to stay and coach all these guys he recruited to play there, but Smart wouldn't keep him on. Players reported to be upset. :wink:

Nothing like having the team miffed at the new coach before he even arrives. Of course, there is a way for some of these guys to still get to play under Priutt.
Uh oh

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I heard Tucker may leave if NFL comes calling. I think Tucker will probably stay with Secondary and Pruitt to coach LB... I think Tucker would've got the job if he was for sure staying in College football..
Could be. He's not that hot at recruiting - just doesn't appear to like it that much. Also, his record in the NFL as DC wasn't that hot, people tell me who follow the NFL more closely than I...

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

Could be. He's not that hot at recruiting - just doesn't appear to like it that much. Also, his record in the NFL as DC wasn't that hot, people tell me who follow the NFL more closely than I...
My neighbor grew up in Chicago and is a huge Bears fan as is a cousin of my wife. Both said to me in different conversations that they were glad to see Tucker gone from Chicago and later turned out surprised by how well the secondary performed this year for us. My neighbor tends to believe the Dline played a bigger role in that than did Tucker.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

He could go back for his pension and then retire from it all. honestly, Mel is a better college coach.. but one would wonder if He'll end up Bobby Williams who barely recuits?

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

I heard Tucker may leave if NFL comes calling. I think Tucker will probably stay with Secondary and Pruitt to coach LB... I think Tucker would've got the job if he was for sure staying in College football..
Tucker to UGA as D coordinator. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

My neighbor grew up in Chicago and is a huge Bears fan as is a cousin of my wife. Both said to me in different conversations that they were glad to see Tucker gone from Chicago and later turned out surprised by how well the secondary performed this year for us. My neighbor tends to believe the Dline played a bigger role in that than did Tucker.
I said the same thing in another thread. Not knocking the secondary, but the improved play of the defensive line's pass rush made the secondary look much better. I also said thought that Tucker was not a long term hire.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

It's extremely difficult to have a truly "lockdown" secondary. It's simply much harder to cover a receiver than it is for a receiver to beat a defensive back. So I agree the DL's improvement this season has helped the secondary tremendously. But I'd simply say that, especially on the collegiate level, a strong pass rush is always going to be needed in order to assist the secondary. Even the best of defensive backs are going to get beat if the QB has all day to throw.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

It's extremely difficult to have a truly "lockdown" secondary. It's simply much harder to cover a receiver than it is for a receiver to beat a defensive back. So I agree the DL's improvement this season has helped the secondary tremendously. But I'd simply say that, especially on the collegiate level, a strong pass rush is always going to be needed in order to assist the secondary. Even the best of defensive backs are going to get beat if the QB has all day to throw.
The truth. Our D line has played in the other team`s backfield more this year than I can recall in many, many years.

Last edited by a moderator:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

The truth. Our D line has played in the other team`s backfield more this year than I can recall in many, many years.
Yeah when you have the talent two deep that Bama has this year, it's easy to see why. There is just very little if any drop off in talent, and when you have these guys fresh in the fourth quarter, it bodes well.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Tuscaloosa News' Aaron Suttles on Twitter just now:

Multiple sources confirming to me today that Jeremy Pruitt is already in the football building roaming the halls and working.
Pruitt was also spotted at the Tuscaloosa Target earlier this morning:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.