Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray Transferring from TAMU

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: Kyle Allen transferring

I'm hearing that Kyle Allen mentioned Oklahoma as a possible destination. Mayfield has one more year left there, so he'd be a back up his first year and then play as a Senior I guess? I don't see Allen beating out Mayfield..................
Allen played as a true Freshman last year. If he transfers, he'll have to sit out next year but he would redshirt and have 2 more years to play.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org

Sumlin never really seized on that year one momentum, eh? I thought he was going to be a good coach for TAMU but he's definitely not kept pace with the Manziel momentum.
You need to be a 'HEAD COACH' to seize the moment/momentum!
He's basically an OC trying to be a HC...
While at Houston this was overshadowed because of the Conference Houston was in!
The SEC is a totally different animal from Conference USA!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

It does speak of a culture for sure, maybe being in boot camp with the USA military as your backdrop, you just don't want to tell another soldier that you want to "quit" the marines and maybe join the army (me). He even waited until the end of his last year to share the story. This goes back to another story defining what "nearly left" means, on Kiffin leaving after his first year to join the 49's. Sometimes people ponder things, and they just need someone to tell them they are doing the right thing. Can be just thought, maybe even as a defense mechanism.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...r-derrick-henry-thought-transferring-freshman

Here's the thing: He had the right people around him telling him to stick around. If it hadn't for the OK game, we would've lost him to transfer. I felt Allen and Murrary needs to stay where they are...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Allen better hit the weight room and training table... He'd get beat to a pulp in the SEC unless he adds a little weight in his britches.
OR... He could transfer to one of the basketball leagues where they don't have a Defense.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX

Have to ask - how much of the TAMU fan base agrees with your comments about Sumlin?
I hate to speak for the entire fan base, but most of my friends that are also Former Students would agree with me based on conversations in the past couple of weeks. If oil was still at $100 a barrel, he'd be on the hot seat now. Instead, he will be on the hot seat next year unless he hires an incredible OC that can get the job done. We didn't drop half a billion on a renovated stadium to be mediocre. We want to compete with the best and thus far, Sumlin has been underwhelming to say the least. We gave him some of the best facilities in the NCAA and the ROI (return on investment) has been horrid. With Manziel, Sumlin looked like a genius. Without Manziel, Evans and the Oline that we had (Mike Sherman recruits) Sumlin has under performed to say the least.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I think your last sentence says it all.

Sumlin has put together great recruiting classes, but he hasn't put together the right recruiting classes. I think some coaches get caught up in stars and rankings (like fans), and they don't get the right recruits in.

He coached well with someone else's recruits, who weren't all highly rated but were the right fit. Now he's got a bunch of talent that just doesn't fit together.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I still think Sumlin sold his soul to the devil when he had Johnny Drunk-ziel and is now paying back his debt.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Couldn't get hold of my local Aggie buddies, but did talk to someone who pointed out that Kyler Murray also plays baseball. And is a pretty good one. (That is where his pro future lies.)

Which means he misses spring practice. OK, Shameis Jameis, aka Cap'n Crablegs, was also a baseball player. He also spent more time on campus, than has Murray, once he assumed the role as starter. Missing all those spring reps can't be helpful.

BTW..............our HS team's streak ended at 57. Lost to Bevo U's QB recruit.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

And Billy Liucci just tweeted this:

Per multiple sources, Kyler Murray's intention as of one hour ago and following a meeting with Kevin Sumlin was to transfer from A&M
Since that time, I've been told the Aggies have been in the process of attempting to change Murray's mind and keep him in College Station

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL

I'm SHOCKED that Sumlin is not on the hot seat and that his name comes up for high-profile jobs like USCw. There have been LOTS of high-profile coaches on that hot seat that were much better than Sumlin, with better records and seemingly more control of the program. Meanwhile, if you take out Johnny Football, Sumlin is easily the most overpaid coach in the game. He hasn't won anything even WITH Johnny, and has stank it up since.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Re: Kyle Allen Transferring... And Possibly Kyler Murray?

Based on what I heard on the radio, Sumlin has somehow lost control of the lockerroom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL

And Billy Liucci just tweeted this:

Per multiple sources, Kyler Murray's intention as of one hour ago and following a meeting with Kevin Sumlin was to transfer from A&M. Since that time, I've been told the Aggies have been in the process of attempting to change Murray's mind and keep him in College Station

I'd love to know what he means when he says that TAMU is "in the proce$$ of attempting to change Murray's mind."

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Folks in these parts are saying the problem is they want Murray to give up baseball.

That isn't going to happen..............you can kiss him good-bye.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.