Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray Transferring from TAMU

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Re: Kyle Allen Transferring... And Possibly Kyler Murray?

Lemme get this straight... Sumlin just lost Murray partly due to him promising him the job. He and Spavital tell Martell they won't recruit a 2016 QB and then they go visit Jalen Hurts?

Kevin would be wise to notice a pattern there.
Every HS player that TAMU recruits should notice the pattern as well. If was recruiting against them, I certainly make it known how easy promises get made and broken in College Station.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I'm starting to agree with the idea that he will be let go sooner than next season. This is clearly a program that is spinning out of control. Sumlin just doesn't seem to have the power to hold this team together as often happens with desperate coaches. If they come out in the music city bowl and pull a Clemson/WV 2012 Orange Bowl type effort, which seems not just possible but likely at this point, I see A&M using all that money they like to brag about to make a change. Course with Oil under $40 a barrel that money well has dried up a good bit I bet which could make it interesting.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Every HS player that TAMU recruits should notice the pattern as well. If was recruiting against them, I certainly make it known how easy promises get made and broken in College Station.
Hopefully, Jalen Hurts "interesting" turns into "no way I'm going to that program"! They lie and are deceptive like, well you know who!

Who is the Bama coach recruiting this Channelview QB?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Lemme get this straight... Sumlin just lost Murray partly due to him promising him the job. He and Spavital tell Martell they won't recruit a 2016 QB and then they go visit Jalen Hurts?

Jalen will be wise to notice this pattern.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Wouldn't it be interesting to see what a coach like Dan Mullen with Chavis as DC might do at TAMU?
I agree, Dan Mullen is the opposite of Sumlin, he has built a solid program at one of the hardest places to recruit and win at in the SEC. 2nd best coach in the league after Saban IMO. And he is doing it with hard nosed football. Good fit at LSU or aTm and I think he would like to win a national championship.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Kyler Murray wants to play Baseball too. I'm hearing down here in Texas that he is looking strongly at transferring to Oklahoma.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Ah, yes, dear friends, there is talk in the MetroMess that the Diva and Butt-dad Traveling Road Show is considering pitching their tents in beautiful and sunny Norman, Choklahoma.

Can we be so lucky? Will Christmas come early, this year? One can only hope. Who better to deal with this pair than our ol' buddy, Big-mouth Bob?

Anyway, sounds like he is really gone, and they are down to the back-up QB, for their bowl game.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

You never promise these prospects more than an opportunity to compete. If they start, it should be on them and not some promise that you shouldn't have made in the recruiting process. I think that is how our staff handles this scenario where the prospect is worried about starting time because if they expect the red carpet to the 1-line to be rolled out for them without earning it, you probably don't really want that prospect.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I chuckle at the Texas A&M folks saying "money isn't an issue."
aTM is a first class organization top to bottom, they are not going to fuel the fire, feed into ESPN fodder. Sumlin does not have enemies, he's in a bad situation, and whatever happens will be done professionally and quietly in the off season. You don't let 2 players unravel your program on the front pages, just not something a Robert Gates or Gene Stallings would encourage. This is not a scandal.

Imo, unless they have someone really special, they give Sumlin another year. If they don't, there will be no knee jerk actions.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

devastating week at Texas A&M could all of a sudden get worse.
My last opinion. This is doomsday media. I just can't see Texas A&M doing anything until this dies down, and that will be the off season, not now, unless they have a top 5 coach in waiting. Hyperbole from a couple of quarterbacks leaving should not be the issue, but his record. His record does not warrant getting fired until after the season has completed.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'm thinking that, if the chancellor and TPTB are looking to rid themselves of Sumlin prior to the end of the 2016 season when his buyout drops, they'll try to find a reason to fire him for cause. If the rumors swirling around Sumlin and his behavior are even remotely close to being true, he better be careful what he does and when and where he does it.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I'm thinking that, if the chancellor and TPTB are looking to rid themselves of Sumlin prior to the end of the 2016 season when his buyout drops, they'll try to find a reason to fire him for cause. If the rumors swirling around Sumlin and his behavior are even remotely close to being true, he better be careful what he does and when and where he does it.
Question, would those thing "he does" be an issue if they had beaten Alabama and were going to the Sugar bowl with a couple of losses?
If not, and your angle is true, aTm is the one that needs to be the most careful imo. Maybe there are things I don't know about, but from what I am hearing, Sumlin has no big enemies in the system.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My last opinion. This is doomsday media. I just can't see Texas A&M doing anything until this dies down, and that will be the off season, not now, unless they have a top 5 coach in waiting. Hyperbole from a couple of quarterbacks leaving should not be the issue, but his record. His record does not warrant getting fired until after the season has completed.
I agree with this. I will say this though, if they let him go after their bowl game then they damn sure better have a side agreement with Tom Herman or another very high profile coach.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Question, would those thing "he does" be an issue if they had beaten Alabama and were going to the Sugar bowl with a couple of losses?
If not, and your angle is true, aTm is the one that needs to be the most careful imo. Maybe there are things I don't know about, but from what I am hearing, Sumlin has no big enemies in the system.
Twenty to thirty years ago, no. Today, where we live in a 24 hour news cycle, probably yes.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Aggie reminds me of Aubie. Here they are, the bigger State rival in a down cycle with losing records and coaching turmoil ..... and instead of taking advantage of the situation they seem to be saying "oh yeah, watch this, we can out-implode you."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.