Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray Transferring from TAMU

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Re: Kyle Allen transferring

I'm not surprised. Their QB situation was a joke this year. Whomever gets him will get a super talent. He'd do really well in a pro system.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

To be fair, the staff promised Kyler Murray snaps in recruiting and I think the locker room kinda got divided over it.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

'Hi Kyle..this is Gus....uhhhh....Gus.....Gus Malzahn. Spell it? M-A-L-Z-A-H-N....."

"No...No....No... I'm the coach at Auburn....No we're located in Alabama....not west Georgia...."

"No...No...No...that's just a rumor....we're NOT A CULT....we're uh...uh....uh...we're fambly...."

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

'Hi Kyle..this is Gus....uhhhh....Gus.....Gus Malzahn. Spell it? M-A-L-Z-A-H-N....."

"No...No....No... I'm the coach at Auburn....No we're located in Alabama....not west Georgia...."

"No...No...No...that's just a rumor....we're NOT A CULT....we're uh...uh....uh...we're fambly...."

One problem...............he already is part of a cult, so he will fit in at Allbarn.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX

Kyle Allen might not be the only transfer this year from A&M and he might not be the only QB transferring either. Kyler Murray is considering leaving as well. Also, we might be losing yet another 5 star from New Orleans Speedy Noil. Our offense is a cluster, I expect next year to be Sumlins last. Personally, I'd like to see Sumlin fired tomorrow and try to lure Chip Kelly from the Eagles.

p.s. Hope you all win it all this year! Best of luck and ALL of the Aggies that I know will be cheering your team on.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Knew Kyler Murray going there would lead to this. He is too talented to have riding the pine.

He is also a bit too lean, in the frame, to survive an entire season. Hope we play them late in the season. He will beat some teams, but doubt he will last an entire season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Sumlin never really seized on that year one momentum, eh? I thought he was going to be a good coach for TAMU but he's definitely not kept pace with the Manziel momentum.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Kyle Allen might not be the only transfer this year from A&M and he might not be the only QB transferring either. Kyler Murray is considering leaving as well. Also, we might be losing yet another 5 star from New Orleans Speedy Noil. Our offense is a cluster, I expect next year to be Sumlins last. Personally, I'd like to see Sumlin fired tomorrow and try to lure Chip Kelly from the Eagles.

p.s. Hope you all win it all this year! Best of luck and ALL of the Aggies that I know will be cheering your team on.
Welcome back, been too long since we've seen you around here!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Kyle Allen might not be the only transfer this year from A&M and he might not be the only QB transferring either. Kyler Murray is considering leaving as well.
Haven't heard any of that yet, but we are all into going for 4 in a row, right now.

After the HS playoffs are over, there may be some scuttlebutt.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX

Haven't heard any of that yet, but we are all into going for 4 in a row, right now.

After the HS playoffs are over, there may be some scuttlebutt.
According to Billy Liucci at Texas A&M site, "There's also the "little" things like where Murray's head is at in all of this (I've heard from more than one college coach in this state that Murray, in fact, is also strongly considering a transfer". I also agree with you, Murray won't survive a full season in the SEC.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Sumlin never really seized on that year one momentum, eh? I thought he was going to be a good coach for TAMU but he's definitely not kept pace with the Manziel momentum.
He walked into a stocked roster, Manziel, Evans, that O line and like a lot of programs they got super excited by a coach that could pull what they had together and locked him into a huge buyout without knowing if he could build anything. I think we've learned he can't

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I'm still very surprised that more people don't mention his name when talking about the hotseat. When they lost to AU, I thought people would send the moving truck to his house.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I'm thinking the coaching staff was a joke more than the QB situation.
The media was bowing to Sumlin too fast with Manziel and Evans running the show. imo
Saban
Mullen
Bielema/Miles
Sumlin/Freeze
Malzahn

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.