Army vs. Navy who you got?

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I haven't seen a thread on this game so I'll say go Navy! I served from 1968-1972. I respect these young men on both sides!

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
For my Dad, who served in the Army:

Black Knights upset the Midshipmen, 38-37!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
First. Thanks to all soldiers in all branches for your service and sacrifice.

GO NAVY! My Dad served in the Korean War (RIP) and my older brother served 20. Although I didn't serve I'm proud to support NAVSEA and other armed service branches with the work I do. These guys and gals are the core of this nation. Without them we wouldn't enjoy the simple pleasures we have here.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I've posted this before, but I'll do it again.

If you ever have a chance to go to an Army-Navy game, do it. I don't care what the records are or what the betting line is...Go.

Watch the parade into the stadium. Enjoy the game. Most especially, stay for the singing at the end. Regardless of who has more points of the scoreboard, it's us who win the game.

I've been to a lot of football games, but only one Army - Navy, and that was 15 years ago. It's a memory I re-live every year.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Go Navy, sir!
Beat Army, sir!

Middie for a year before... well, we'll tell that story another day.

For any who may know and remember -

We don't play Notre Dame (No, we don't!)
We don't play Tu-la-a-a-ne,
We just play Holy Cross
'Cause that's the the fearless Army way!

We just play little schools
'Cause losing ain't no fu-u-u-n,
The next team on our schedule
Is the Institute for Deaf and Dumb.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I was almost a 4th straight generation military man but turned it down at the last minute thanks to some overly zealous recruiters (can't really blame them though but they were about to get me fired from a job I needed)

But I kind of do regret not trying to enter the Navy and be a Naval Aviator. My dream is to fly an F-16 and dog fight (too old now....lol). Flying any kind of fighter is something I think I would love if I had it all over to do again. My Great Grandfather was Army, Grandfather Navy, both Great Uncles were Army, and my Dad was Army. Also had another two Great Uncles on my Mom's side that were Navy men as well.

But to the question:

Go Navy, Beat Army!

God bless all of you that are serving and/or have served. Hearing my Great Uncle talk about Vietnam (he was a late late baby, being 14 years younger than my Grandfather and 16 younger than the oldest brother) and hearing his struggles even now really makes you want to help anyone with PTSD and it makes you furious that our great gov't is doing nothing to help. We want to bring in those "innocent" 3 year old Syrian refugees meanwhile we have homeless veterans sleeping under bridges. Totally sad and a shame!!!

Sorry I kind of sidetracked the thread.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.