Montana State quarterback Dakota Prukop to Visit Alabama (Heading to Oregon)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Montana State quarterback Dakota Prukop to Visit Alabama

To be fair, if Prukop comes here, he'll have some serious catching up to do with BB. Were he to come (I doubt he does) I'd not crown Prukop the starter just yet...
I think the staff would be looking at him as a "possible" back up plan to Barnett at this point. Of course, Prukop would be told he will have a shot at earning the starting job; just like all the guys on the roster.

But I've got to believe the staff has their eye on Blake Barnett being the heir apparent with the idea he's ahead of everybody on the current roster with potential and, now that he's been in the program, it's probably a wash concerning knowing the system with all the other qbs other than maybe Morris or Bateman.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

He's probably gone to Oregon. He should fit in well there with his style.

And Vernon Adams Jr. was a Senior this year.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

As a 2nd thought to that news if it holds true...Oregon seems to be in a very interesting position right now. Curious to see how these next 2 seasons play out for them.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

As a 2nd thought to that news if it holds true...Oregon seems to be in a very interesting position right now. Curious to see how these next 2 seasons play out for them.
He has 1 year of eligibility LOL. Why do you keep saying 2 years LOL.

He'll be in battle with Locke... and I'll say this.. dont be suprised to see him starting over Locke come August.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

He has 1 year of eligibility LOL. Why do you keep saying 2 years LOL.

He'll be in battle with Locke... and I'll say this.. dont be suprised to see him starting over Locke come August.
No, I'm curious to see how the next 2 season play out for Oregon if they go with a 1 season QB and then have to find another starter. That's why I said I'm curious to see how these next 2 seasons play out for them. HA! Boy, we are not on the same page today!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Montana State quarterback Dakota Prukop to Visit Alabama

Would seem positive for Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

Similar update from Rodney Orr. Says Prukop might delay decision. Appeared ready to announce for Oregon, but Saban and Kiffin may have convinced him to reconsider.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

Little update. TI says it is very very close between Bama and Oregon. Decision could come later today or it may run into tomorrow. FWIW, Oregon's 247 mod said he feels more and more like its Bama.

Means they really like him then. I would rather develop QBs though.
I've heard Saban and Kiffin want him badly.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

if the coaches want him and think he can contribute then I defer to them, but I'm really getting tired of free agency in college.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bruce Feldman just tweeted he's going to Oregon:

BREAKING: FCS QB Dakota Prukop tells @FoxSports he’ll transfer to #Oregon. He loved #Alabama but felt a great connection w/ the Ducks team.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Bruce Feldman just tweeted he's going to Oregon:
If there's any poetic juju left in the world, Terry Baker will follow Richard Mullaney's lead and transfer in from Oregon State for his last year of eligibility at QB - at 74 years old - and bring his first Heisman with him...

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I kind of glad. We have some really good QBs on the roster. I'd like to see Kiffin continue to develop them and have them push each other. I'd much rather end up with a solid QB that will start for a couple of years than a one year mercenary that we have to replace again next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.