Qb dakota prukop. Montana state transfer (Going to Oregon)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: Qb dakota prukop. Montana state transfer

He is not transferring to sit the bench. It'd be a Bateman, Barnett, Prukop battle for QB1.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

He is not transferring to sit the bench. It'd be a Bateman, Barnett, Prukop battle for QB1.
People may not like it but if he can beat out the competition then so be it. But if things are equal go with the younger guy. I love when someone says go take the job if you want it. When I played I wasn't the biggest player,but I out worked all of my competition and took the job

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

Read up a bit on him, I don't know much about Montana State but if Oregon and several other power 5 programs are interested he has to have some ability. I watched some high school film as well. He has a good arm and can make most of the throws you expect but what impressed me most was that the rush didn't phase him at all. Zero panic, threw repeatedly accurate throws of all types just before getting decked. You can't coach that, you either have it or you don't.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

My only worries is the thing that seemed to sink Coker's shot at being QB1 last year was that Sims had the teams respect as a leader. Its going to be incredibly hard for a new guy to come in and take that leadership role you expect from a QB. Is it impossible, I guess not, but definitely hard to do.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

I think if he commits, we lose 1 maybe 2 to transfer. He better be special, otherwise I want the younger qb playing.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

My only worries is the thing that seemed to sink Coker's shot at being QB1 last year was that Sims had the teams respect as a leader. Its going to be incredibly hard for a new guy to come in and take that leadership role you expect from a QB. Is it impossible, I guess not, but definitely hard to do.
Chad Kelly made a pretty big effect coming in for a year. Of all the reason's they didn't go to Atlanta he wasn't one of them.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Chad Kelly made a pretty big effect coming in for a year. Of all the reason's they didn't go to Atlanta he wasn't one of them.
If he didn't fuss with the coaches so much he'd probably be starting for Clemson right now. In terms of potential skill he might have more than any QB around, but he is a true head case. It's about time he gets arrested again somewhere.

But if he would dedicate himself to just football, he would be pretty dang good.

As for Prukop, I think he is an Oregon lean myself but who knows. I would welcome him.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Bobcats' Prukop still mulling transfer decision.

BOZEMAN — An announcement was expected to come Monday night from Montana State quarterback Dakota Prukop about his future, but as of press time there was nothing but silence. Prukop is weighing the option of transferring either to Oregon or Alabama after visiting each school’s football program over the weekend. Prukop said he was traveling to Hawaii on Monday.

Prukop had been in contact with The Gazette earlier Monday but could not be reached in the evening.
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/bobcats-prukop-still-mulling-transfer-decision/article_ce6f2d84-c29e-598d-b22c-3a0107137dfc.html

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

I am really surprised at this. I mean we have signed the overall #6 ranked prospect and the overall ranked #1 ranked prospect in the last year or so and yet we are willing to spend another scholarship on a Montana State Quarterback. If we were getting him for free would be one thing, but he will cost us a scholarship. Dose not say too much for our on campus group.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.