Coach Saban Era - Alabama football's accomplishments since 2007

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That may be because we have a collective defense that shares the responsibility and a ton of depth. Hard to run up individual colossal numbers.

That's my theory anyway. Seriously - of the starting 11 in 2011, who was the best defensive player? I'm not sure I know for certain.
Rolando McClain, and it isn't close. IMO, he or Suh should have won the Heisman that year, not Ingram. They were the 2 best college football players in America in 2011.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Rolando McClain, and it isn't close. IMO, he or Suh should have won the Heisman that year, not Ingram. They were the 2 best college football players in America in 2011.
Ro was not on that team. Donta was our MLB leader and he was the best player on the 2011 team IMO.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Ro was not on that team. Donta was our MLB leader and he was the best player on the 2011 team IMO.
Sorry - was thinking of 2009. You guys are right about 2011. Can't think of one guy who was clearly the best.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
That may be because we have a collective defense that shares the responsibility and a ton of depth. Hard to run up individual colossal numbers.

That's my theory anyway. Seriously - of the starting 11 in 2011, who was the best defensive player? I'm not sure I know for certain.
Bingo...who would you name this year? Any of about 15 have played outstanding??? Is Ashawn better than Jarran Reed? I don't think so...for leadership Ragland should have won...he will make a ton of money in the NFL...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.