AJ's in for Dalton in the Bengals-Steelers game

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
AJ will be the starter for the rest of the season... or at least they're saying Dalton is out for the rest of the season. I thought AJ looked okay today. The pick six was an odd looking play. It didn't look like an inaccurate throw... the DB just jumped all over the route. The second pick was a bad throw -- maybe the only really bad throw I recall seeing him make.

He really has a chance to make some money here. If he plays well to end the season, other teams may give him consideration in the offseason as the ponder QB changes. It worked out well for the likes of Matt Cassel.

AJ is in a good position to succeed. That is a good roster.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
AJ will be the starter for the rest of the season... or at least they're saying Dalton is out for the rest of the season. I thought AJ looked okay today. The pick six was an odd looking play. It didn't look like an inaccurate throw... the DB just jumped all over the route. The second pick was a bad throw -- maybe the only really bad throw I recall seeing him make.

He really has a chance to make some money here. If he plays well to end the season, other teams may give him consideration in the offseason as the ponder QB changes. It worked out well for the likes of Matt Cassel.

AJ is in a good position to succeed. That is a good roster.

maybe the Falcons will sign him and trade away Ryan

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
maybe the Falcons will sign him and trade away Ryan
I know Ryan has made some terrible decisions lately, I can't hardly blame him. Every time I watch the Falcons, he's running for his life. Until they get an offensive line, they won't do much.

As far as AJ -- he couldn't ask for a much better situation. A successful team with playmakers all around him with a defense that will be able to keep him in most games (assuming he doesn't keep throwing INTs). But, a decent game considering he got thrown in the mix due to injury.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
AJ's first pick was caused more by the receiver backing away from the throw instead of coming back to AJ than it was AJ's fault. Now the second pick was all AJ. Also AJ had the 8th best day for a passer this weekend out of 30 teams so that should tell you something.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
AJ's first pick was caused more by the receiver backing away from the throw instead of coming back to AJ than it was AJ's fault. Now the second pick was all AJ. Also AJ had the 8th best day for a passer this weekend out of 30 teams so that should tell you something.
While I agree that the entire play was poorly executed, some of it was on AJ. He was falling away from the throw. He got away with that a lot in college, but that's not gonna fly in the NFL. Im sure he'll learn. He has a great opportunity to prove himself with Dalton out for the season. Let's hope he makes the most of it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
While I agree that the entire play was poorly executed, some of it was on AJ. He was falling away from the throw. He got away with that a lot in college, but that's not gonna fly in the NFL. Im sure he'll learn. He has a great opportunity to prove himself with Dalton out for the season. Let's hope he makes the most of it.
With the amount of fluff that was on that ball, and the defender watching it, it still is probably picked off. But James Harrison had a lot to do with that pick as well. When you see that monster come of the end, I think anyone would panic a little.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, AJ is going to get his chance and that is all that anyone can ask for in the NFL. Let's hope that the Bengals win while he is starting because that is all that matters for a QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.