Robert Nkemdiche: drugs, suspended from bowl game...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Re: Robert Nkemdiche falls from 4th story window?

Stable condition.

He had a 15 foot fall. It was not 4th story as other reports tried to say, it was 1st story.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah, it was the fourth floor but he fell onto the top of one of those mezzanine thingies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Something tells me that they were listening to R Kelly ("I Believe I Can Fly") and the words "y'all watch this" we're somewhere in the conversation.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

I have never heard of "spice" as it relates to the drug trade. Pardon my ignorance; maybe I need to get out more.
It's synthetic marijuana.
Calling it that makes is sound not as bad as it is. It is a synthetic cannabinoid sprayed on incense. This stuff has really nasty side effects that pot does NOT have including rapid heart rate, vomiting, agitation, profuse sweating, confusion, and hallucinations it can also raise blood pressure and cause reduced blood supply to the heart (myocardial ischemia), and in a few cases it has been associated with heart attacks

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Calling it that makes is sound not as bad as it is. It is a synthetic cannabinoid sprayed on incense. This stuff has really nasty side effects that pot does NOT have including rapid heart rate, vomiting, agitation, profuse sweating, confusion, and hallucinations it can also raise blood pressure and cause reduced blood supply to the heart (myocardial ischemia), and in a few cases it has been associated with heart attacks

So, you're saying it isn't all that bad.....sounds like game day in my living room.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Both he and his brother have futures in the NFL if they can get themselves under control.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

This one hits close to home. Had some friends die in similar circumstances in my younger years. IMO impairing oneself is dangerous under the best of circumstances, much less when hanging out on a balcony/window sill.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006

17 year old kid in the town next to us died recently from spice. He wasn't an angel, but (supposedly) he wasn't a "drug" kid either. Tried it at a party. 2 others were hospitalized for a week or so. Some type of brain bleeds. Calling spice synthetic marijuana makes it sound less dangerous. This stuff is scary.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Robert Nkemdiche charged with marijuana possession after hotel fall

Ole Miss star Robert Nkemdiche has been charged with marijuana possession following his weekend fall from a wall outside a Buckhead hotel, Atlanta police told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday.

“Approximately 7 rolled marijuana cigarettes” were found in the hotel room tied to him at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta, a police report said.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Sounds like he was trying to get out of that room so he didn't get in trouble or he was hallucinating in some capacity. So, does Hugh Freeze bench him or does he play in the bowl game/

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Clay Travis (I know) is reporting that he was using Spice and freaked out

You think he may have learned something after his brothers similar freekout?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-synthetic-marijuana-led-to-hotel-fall-121415

Outkick has since learned through multiple sources that Nkdemiche's fall was the result of his use of synthetic cannabinoids -- frequently called "synthetic marijuana" or "fake weed" -- which has become an increasingly popular drug among athletes -- and college students -- because it doesn't show up on drug tests. But unlike traditional marijuana, synthetic marijuana, made with processed chemicals of varying substances and quantities, can lead to paranoia, delusion, and hallucinations.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse: "Synthetic cannabinoids refer to a growing number of man-made mind-altering chemicals that are either sprayed on dried, shredded plant material so they can be smoked (herbal incense) or sold as liquids to be vaporized and inhaled in e-cigarettes and other devices (liquid incense).

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

No doubt his NFL stock dropped a bit but IMHO there are plenty of teams who would take him somewhere in the early rounds, if he declares.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.