Robert Nkemdiche: drugs, suspended from bowl game...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Robert Nkemdiche falls from 4th story window?

No doubt his NFL stock dropped a bit but IMHO there are plenty of teams who would take him somewhere in the early rounds, if he declares.
Shoot, he might still go first. He's an absolute freak athlete.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

The kid's got problems !!!! Sounds like with all his trouble's sounds like he is crying out loud for help ! I hope this didn't offend anybody , And if it does you will get over it !

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN

Clay Travis (I know) is reporting that he was using Spice and freaked out

You think he may have learned something after his brothers similar freekout?
Thank you. I was just talking about this to a friend of mine and was like "Something like this happen to Denzel Nkemdiche too?" Anyway, this friend of mine said one rumor is that he was smoking spice (something called k2 i think) and thought he was being chased and freaked out. I don't know if anyone can verify this particular account, but as many of you have already said, this behavior is not uncommon for Spice users.

Last edited by a moderator:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

My experience with recreational drugs is pretty thin, I'd admit. Maybe a little weed in my younger years., but I've never seen the logic in taking a drug which causes terrifying hallucinations. I don't call that "fun."

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

My experience with recreational drugs is pretty thin, I'd admit. Maybe a little weed in my younger years., but I've never seen the logic in taking a drug which causes terrifying hallucinations. I don't call that "fun."
These are also the guys that end up with a moment of silence at the end of a "Gone to soon" segment on Sportscenter.

Keep it up and Bob's number will be on the back of his teammates helmets.

Hope he gets help and stops this immature and dangerous foolishness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Why would anyone use spice after your own brother did and is now still hospitalized after several weeks??? Denzel is now in a rehab hospital still recovering from this crap. I don't understand why these guys (not kids) do this. BTW, you can pass a drug test after doing spice, but not pot. That may be the real reason why Bob did this. SMH

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Shoot, he might still go first. He's an absolute freak athlete.
I'm guessing the typical NFL reaction is "Hey, we might get him at a discount. He will be a bargain."

Drug testing theoretically has good intentions but as so often happens, it backfires and makes things worse. Spice has become a popular substitute for weed since they can pass the drug test on it, but it seems to be exponentially worse on the user.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

but it seems to be exponentially worse on the user.
Oh, there's no 'seems' about it - it is exponentially worse on the user. It's not a fun watch, but Vice's video on spice users (who explicitly say they use it because it's legal and marijuana isn't) shows how detrimental spice is:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Why would anynoe use spice after your own brother did and is now still hospitalized after several weeks??? Denzel is now in a rehab hospital still recovering from this crap. I don't understand why these guys (not kids) do this. BTW, you can pass a drug test after doing spice, but not pot. That may be the real reason why Bob did this. SMH
it is exactly the reason both did this. Its been fairly well proven that most males don't make solid long term decisions until between the ages of 23-25, females a bit earlier. Add to that the feeling of invincibility of being a world class athlete and (probably) being told you can do no wrong since 8th grade or so when everyone figured out you would be a world class athlete and it's frankly surprising we don't see more of this stuff.

Especially with these synthetically designed loophole substances. This one in particular is bad because it changes rapidly. The Government keeps banning the synthetic canabanoid molecules so these Chinese companies keep tweaking the molecule slightly to make it temporarily not quite illegal. You end up with people like Denzel and Robert that already feel near immortal, hell I did at 22 and I am so far from a world class athlete its funny, that have already tried Spice and been fine. So they do it again without any idea that the substance is different from the last time and this time it cause something like this.

Its time for the NCAA to get real about the real stuff before this fake crap kills someone. We can go to NonSports if anyone wants to continue that discussion

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.