More ashamed of the media than ever ... regarding Derrick Henry

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
For the past few days, I have seen countless articles written or heard countless radio hosts talking about Henry's Heisman. Many questioning because some put their votes in before the last weekend of play, or some saying he was undeserving. I am furious over this!

I love me some Derrick Henry. And if there were ever someone deserving of the Heisman it is definitely him!! Such a workhorse, selfless player! He always gives the glory to God first, his line and team 2nd... so humble and such a great player! He received the vote and the award ... convincingly! Quit trying to take away this honor from him ... basically I am saying Media... SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! My momma always said if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!

WE LOVE YOU DERRICK!!!!

Now go win a National Championship and rack up some more yards and shut these people up :)

RTR Forever!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Why on earth would you let these people affect you one iota? I'm serious, I can't fathom being upset because some idiot writer doesn't think Henry deserves it - he won it and it wasn't even close.

You'll be a whole lot happier if you just pull for the Tide and enjoy the ride.

RTR

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I've heard mostly positive things.

Bama fatigue is real, though. It's not professional of the sports writers/casters to put it out there, but then again, are there many standards anymore?

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I agree with all of you ... just really frustrating because I like Derrick Henry so much and I don't want them to take away any of the excitement for him. He deserves it so much!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I thought all this would happen. This is fun. Everyone is upset. What I've been seeing though is there is nobody giving a decent reason why McCaffrey deserved it more than Henry.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
They say because it was a Barry Sanders, all-purpose, national record. That CM was more versatile.

I think the kick return yards are empty and mostly serve to inflate. And once you compare the defenses that DH and CM faced, it's pretty clear who deserved it most IMO.

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
Well I think alot of it comes from him putting God first. This country today doesn't like it, and also I almost forgot they hate Bama ever being on top. RTR!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They say because it was a Barry Sanders, all-purpose, national record. That CM was more versatile.

I think the kick return yards are empty and mostly serve to inflate. And once you compare the defenses that DH and CM faced, it's pretty clear who deserved it most IMO.
I checked on his stats today. I was partially underwhelmed. He did nothing against good competition. Checked on the Notre Dame stats for him. Not really much. No TDs or anything. It's like he disappeared. That was a fairly recent game. Nobody wants to look at that though, or the fact the he has those empty yards via KO returns. Do it from the line of scrimmage. I can run 20 yards on a kickoff return, at least get to the 35!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As the other's have said, it's all about attracting attention. I don't doubt for a moment that each of the writers had an alternate article ready to go, in case another player won the Heisman. The media business being as cutthroat as it is now, all of them are in a "look at me!" mode with their bosses. All of the finalists have weak and strong areas. At the next level, I'm very interesting to see how Derrick handles the shots at his knees and below. Doesn't matter - it's an award for college achievements only...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And some people still think Fournott is the better RB of the two as well..Bama Hate clouds folks common sense cause Henry is the best college RB I've seen play in my lifetime & he earned The Heisman on the football field..

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Controversy draws attention. Cowherd is prime example. Just chuckle, grin and move along. Getting publicly upset and ramped up just fuels the vehicle.

All who know college football know the right man has the prize.

RTR!!!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Kick off return numbers are empty for the most part. In most cases there are 10-15 yards before any contact is possible.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Why on earth would you let these people affect you one iota? I'm serious, I can't fathom being upset because some idiot writer doesn't think Henry deserves it - he won it and it wasn't even close.

You'll be a whole lot happier if you just pull for the Tide and enjoy the ride.

RTR
Exactly and amen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.