Will Grier Transferring from Florida

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Del rio spent some time on twitter bad mouthing Henry's Heismann win. It soured me completely on the guy.
I am assuming he was being pro Mccaffrey, and there are some connections there. Not just picking Henry and dogging him for no reason. Link?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Del rio spent some time on twitter bad mouthing Henry's Heismann win. It soured me completely on the guy.
Yah, Del Rio is a 'French shower bag', imo. Dude's running his mouth and hasn't taken a meaningful snap in three seasons of college football:

Luke Del Rio ‏@Ldelrio12 Dec 12
Love derrick. But wow.

Luke Del Rio Retweeted
Jordan Villamin ‏@villythebeaver Dec 12
Congrats to Henry on winning it but I thought the best overall player in the nation wins it

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Yah, Del Rio is a 'French shower bag', imo. Dude's running his mouth and hasn't taken a meaningful snap in three seasons of college football:

Luke Del Rio ‏@Ldelrio12 Dec 12
Love derrick. But wow.

Luke Del Rio Retweeted
Jordan Villamin ‏@villythebeaver Dec 12
Congrats to Henry on winning it but I thought the best overall player in the nation wins it
You are spot on, it seems he has some sort of entitlement issue's. He placed himself perfectly at Bama, beats all expectations, and packs up and leaves. Can't feel sorry for him.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wonder if his issues with Kiffin are due to issues between Jack and Monte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I wonder if his issues with Kiffin are due to issues between Jack and Monte.

It seems that adults had to have something to do with it. He came to Alabama to prove himself worthy, he did and was rewarded 2nd string arguably. Did his father leave Jacksonville and move to the west coast? Maybe that and what you are implying pulled the strings, but imo, he would be starting this year, probably last year, if he had stayed. Head scratcher.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Then he needs to learn to get along with a coaching change instead of running away.

FYI: at Oregon State he was recruited into a pro-style offense (which was his style) - and then a new head coach came in and wanted to run the spread offense.

At the same time the coach who recruited him at Alabama was hired at Florida and they were going to run a pro-style offense. The rest is history.

I don't see it as not getting along with a coaching change as much as going where his skill set will best be utilized.

Our QB who took over for Grier this season...Treon Harris is a case in point. He was recruited as a spread QB by Coach Muschamp and did pretty good under that coach running that offense. This year with Coach McElwain running a pro-style he's been handicapped as everyone saw in our second half of the season.

I can understand why a QB would care about what style offense a school runs. Particularly if the QB excels in a particular style himself.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It seems that adults had to have something to do with it. He came to Alabama to prove himself worthy, he did and was rewarded 2nd string arguably. Did his father leave Jacksonville and move to the west coast? Maybe that and what you are implying pulled the strings, but imo, he would be starting this year, probably last year, if he had stayed. Head scratcher.

Just a guess but his father Jack was an All American at USC - where Coach Kiffin got fired - so maybe he just didn't like Coach Kiffin because of what happened at USC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.