Las Vegas Sidewalk Crash: One Dead, 26 Hurt in 'Intentional Act'

Update:

Lakeisha N. Holloway, 24, of Portland, has been identified as the driver, who had a toddler in the back seat when she hit pedestrians on two different sections of the sidewalk while heading north on Las Vegas Boulevard near Bellagio Way.

She has been charged with murder, child abuse or neglect and failure to remain at the scene of an accident, jail records show, and is being held without bail at Clark County Jail.

Meanwhile, LaShay Hardaway, Holloway’s cousin, said: ‘This is not like her. She’s a very successful woman, she’s always been successful, she’s an overachiever.

‘It’s not her character. We are all trying to figure out what happened. Something very tragic must have taken place in her life because this is not her.

‘This is not something she would ever do. We are so sorry for those families affected by this’.

Sheria Agum, another of Holloway’s cousins, said: ‘She’s sweet, she’s a loving mother. She’s a very strong mum’.

Miss Agum added that she last saw Holloway a month ago and after that she changed her number. Holloway’s mother told her she had not heard from her since and she ‘went off the radar’.

Miss Agum said that Holloway had been staying in Texas until recently but upon her return to the West coast she noticed a change in her character.

She said: ‘I have never seen my cousin like that. Her whole attitude changed. She was having problems down there. When she came back she was different’.

Clicky
Thanks for the info. Typical!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
There have been witness accounts of what she said and why she did it but they have been put off as "unreliable."
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Being reported now that she had been sleeping in her car for the past week (homeless) and kept being chased away by resort security.

Maybe she just snapped due to the anxiety she was going through.

Will be interesting to see the tox report.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
FINALLY........LE presser announce they are NOT ready to conclude this is not an act of terrorism - and they need to do more research and investigation into her background in Oregon, etc etc.

Underscores exactly what I've been asking and saying.....:cool:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Anyone wanna bet what they can't say is she said some variation of "kill whitey" and that would be so wrong (last five words in blue)?

I'll grant there could be legal consideration but several things here are quite questionable.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Anyone wanna bet what they can't say is she said some variation of "kill whitey" and that would be so wrong (last five words in blue)?

I'll grant there could be legal consideration but several things here are quite questionable.
I can't even imagine the stress she's feeling hearing a baby cry from hunger and not have a place to sleep. No, she didn't handle it the right way by any means, and yes, there are services that should be there to help her. Its unfortunate that it got to the point where she snapped. Probably seeing all the people on the strip who seemingly had it all, doubt most in Vegas do, but appearances are what drive us to some degree.

She probably just lost it. I'm not excusing the behavior, but I don't have any clue what she was going through either.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Well being sin city I'm sure there is no available help such as shelters, churches or other organizations. :rolleyes:

I understand what you're saying but the "let me just go run over innocent people because they have more" is just stupid. If that's the case since all those millionaires have more I'm going to go run them over. Hey wait a minute, that must be what King Knothead is trying to do by making us all even, he's actually saving us from being run over. :biggrin2:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Reports now say the reason she did what she did, was she was tired and stressed out. Really, tired and stressed- welcome to the real world.
I have zero sympathy for her, get help, before mowing down innocent people.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Reports now say the reason she did what she did, was she was tired and stressed out. Really, tired and stressed- welcome to the real world.
I have zero sympathy for her, get help, before mowing down innocent people.
OK, I'm ready to give her a break. A break from society, that is. One count of Murder, 26 counts of attempted murder, and at least as many counts of assault with a motor vehicle. That ought to give her a 'break' for a few years..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.