Game Thread: Oregon vs. Alabama ESPNU

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I didn't read the entire game thread so perhaps someone addressed this already, early on Obasahan took a couple of hard falls to the floor and it appeared that he might be in some pain. Did anyone else notice that and if so, was that the reason why he did not score many points? Perhaps Oregon's defense was just that good on him but it appeared to me that he might be a bit banged up.
Retin's minutes during the first half seemed low. Might have been something from the hits he took.

Yeah, the loss last night stings, but I'm taking comfort in the fact I didn't expect this team to be 7-3 and most likely 9-3 heading into SEC play. Not to mention the talent he has right now isn't near the talent he's recruiting. When he gets his guys in town, things are going to be even better than they are now.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
We were clearly outmatched physically last night... but our guys hung in there and made it a great game. Really proud of the effort and the coaching - under Grant this was a game that we would have consistently been down 10-12 points throughout the game.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I thought we played about as well as we could have under the circumstances. Hale's absence was the difference IMHO. If we have his 10 points or so I think we win soundly. We just don't have enough scoring threats without Hale and Ingram. We were clearly outmatched by bigger players and still hung in there until the end. Taylor and Kessens disappeared in the 2nd half completely. Until we have at least some rebounding on a consistent basis from them, we are going to have to hopefully grind out wins. We were one and done in the 2nd half for the most part. We let them get a rebound on a free throw which is unforgivable and was probably the difference in the end. With all that said, if we are able to shoot a decent percentage in the 2nd half, I think we have won. CAJ is clearly the best hire of the new coaches in the league this year.

I did love the crowd last night. It was great to see the support Bama fans will give basketball when given the opportunity.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's hard to be too upset with this. If Alabama wins the game, they're a legitimate top 25 contender with a shot at a good seed in the NCAA tournament. As it is, they are still a bubble team. It is easy enough to believe a healthy Alabama team, or conversely Oregon just misses a couple coming out of the half, and Alabama wins. There certainly are plenty of signs this team is on the right track.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
A combination of bad Oregon offense and good Bama defense resulted in Oregon only scoring 26 points in the first half. The second half was completely reversed. Good Oregon offense combined with bad Bama defense and multiple to's allowed them to score 46 points in the second half...that's 92 a game...you're not beating anybody giving up that many points.

That said, we should go into conference play 9-3, well ahead of expectations. Even a .500 conference record will give us 18 wins, a lock for the NIT and on the bubble for the NCAA. This team has certainly overachieved so far...hope we keep it up. RTR

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
A combination of bad Oregon offense and good Bama defense resulted in Oregon only scoring 26 points in the first half. The second half was completely reversed. Good Oregon offense combined with bad Bama defense and multiple to's allowed them to score 46 points in the second half...that's 92 a game...you're not beating anybody giving up that many points.

That said, we should go into conference play 9-3, well ahead of expectations. Even a .500 conference record will give us 18 wins, a lock for the NIT and on the bubble for the NCAA. This team has certainly overachieved so far...hope we keep it up. RTR
This sounds about right. Bama was 10-3 going into conference play last season and won the 1st two SEC games. Ended up 8-10 in conference play plus a loss in the 1st SEC tournament game and made the NIT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.