afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The most telling part of the article which media pundits never take into consideration when talking about CNS possibly leaving:

"No, I really don't," Saban told Low. "I don't see it ever happening. And I know every year somebody has me going somewhere else. I think a lot of it isn't just about the coaching part. What people don't understand is they forget you're a person. They forget you have a wife and two kids and a grandbaby, and they all live in Birmingham. "They all work here. My wife goes to Birmingham five times a week. My mom lives in Birmingham now after moving from Myrtle Beach. It's not just the job. A lot of people don't get that. My life is here."

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hey all, I haven't been on here in a long time due to some personal issues and did not have the time. Now I am back again. :). I have missed the insight from everyone on this board and am glad I finally have the time to return.

I believe we all know this already, but it is always good to read again.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/12/nick_saban_says_he_doesnt_see.html

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nick-saban-not-leaving-alabama/
Well, we certainly miss posts like this! Welcome back and Merry Christmas!

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
The most telling part of the article which media pundits never take into consideration when talking about CNS possibly leaving:

"No, I really don't," Saban told Low. "I don't see it ever happening. And I know every year somebody has me going somewhere else. I think a lot of it isn't just about the coaching part. What people don't understand is they forget you're a person. They forget you have a wife and two kids and a grandbaby, and they all live in Birmingham. "They all work here. My wife goes to Birmingham five times a week. My mom lives in Birmingham now after moving from Myrtle Beach. It's not just the job. A lot of people don't get that. My life is here."
Saban is correct. Most people lose this perspective.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I like to hear things from him. Finebaum had every major news outlet report his "wisdom" last week that he would not be surprised if Coach Saban walks away if we win a NC. It is the exact opposite of the what will happen and I was surprised that Finebaum was that misinformed.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I like to hear things from him. Finebaum had every major news outlet report his "wisdom" last week that he would not be surprised if Coach Saban walks away if we win a NC. It is the exact opposite of the what will happen and I was surprised that Finebaum was that misinformed.
I don't think he was really that mis-informed. He simply wanted to get the crazy Bama callers to go off and he got what he was wanting. Finebaum knows how the machine works.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saying a coach might retire after winning the championship isn't being wrong when the coach says "I'm staying here the rest of my career."

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I don't think he was really that mis-informed. He simply wanted to get the crazy Bama callers to go off and he got what he was wanting. Finebaum knows how the machine works.
You remember Shane from Centerpoint? I used to do website, he was a fun caller. I actually believe Finebaum believed this, and know his nitch, and it's caller based. If you get down to the nuts and bolts, Paul knows very little about the game, I doubt he ever played. And is why he has on "experts" and his show his caller driven. He believed this imo. Every major outlet picked it up. I shook my head. It is the exact opposite of alpha male coaches, they don't walk away at the top of the hill. They keep fighting.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
This quote from Coach Saban literally makes the rest of college football shake their heads in frustration of knowing "The Process" will be at Bama until Coach Saban retires in about 10yrs..

" A lot of people don't get that. My life is here."

Coach Saban moved around the country so much from Toledo,Michigan St to LSU & on to
[FONT=Benton Sans, Arial, sans-serif]Miami as a Head Coach..That's not including all the different places he was as an assistant coach..He never found a true home until he became the Head Coach Of The University Of Alabama & he realized the passion from us Fans, to the passion of the students at Alabama, to the passion each person in our Athletic Program, is the equal to the passion Coach Saban brings to Alabama as our Head Coach..

I also think the April 27th tornado that hit Tuscaloosa cemented his passion & his love for the State Of Alabama, as he help to rally Tuscaloosa & the State Of Alabama in recovering from that disaster..In some way that disaster showed Coach Saban we need him at Alabama & Coach Saban needs that passion from Alabama because it has rooted his home & his Family firmly in Alabama..To the dismay of the rest of college football..
[/FONT]

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK

I also think the April 27th tornado that hit Tuscaloosa cemented his passion & his love for the State Of Alabama, as he help to rally Tuscaloosa & the State Of Alabama in recovering from that disaster..In some way that disaster showed Coach Saban we need him at Alabama & Coach Saban needs that passion from Alabama because it has rooted his home & his Family firmly in Alabama..To the dismay of the rest of college football..
I 100% agree with this! I've often thought that tornado changed him a lot.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Did coach Saban sell his house on Lake Burton? Sure he has a nice spread on the water in Tuscaloosa. Fate that we got such a perfect fit for out program. He is a mastermind at CEO levels, but he is also a country boy. He's not jet setter big shot that has to have a home in Naples Florida, he liked lake Burton! Perfect match. I thank his dad a lot for making him pump gas all those years, it grounded him. He is the most grounded coach since Coach Bryant, no question. Mal Moore knew. Thank God Rich Rod's wife was made fun of on Finebaum. Here we are now, 3 National Championships later. We are so fortunate to have not only the best coach in the country, but one of the best ever!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I 100% agree with this! I've often thought that tornado changed him a lot.
I think it did also..That disaster hit his home base in Alabama & he stood tall helping our State recover from it..

It's great having you back & am looking forward to your posts here on TideFans my friend..Roll Tide Roll!!!!!..

Did coach Saban sell his house on Lake Burton? Sure he has a nice spread on the water in Tuscaloosa. Fate that we got such a perfect fit for out program. He is a mastermind at CEO levels, but he is also a country boy. He's not jet setter big shot that has to have a home in Naples Florida, he liked lake Burton! Perfect match. I thank his dad a lot for making him pump gas all those years, it grounded him. He is the most grounded coach since Coach Bryant, no question. Mal Moore knew. Thank God Rich Rod's wife was made fun of on Finebaum. Here we are now, 3 National Championships later. We are so fortunate to have not only the best coach in the country, but one of the best ever!
I'm pretty sure he still has his his vacation home on Lake Burton & uses it to get away for a coupe weeks..He also takes recruits there in the off-season as well..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think it did also..That disaster hit his home base in Alabama & he stood tall helping our State recover from it..

It's great having you back & am looking forward to your posts here on TideFans my friend..Roll Tide Roll!!!!!..

I'm pretty sure he still has his his vacation home on Lake Burton & uses it to get away for a coupe weeks..He also takes recruits there in the off-season as well..
Takes his players there too... He still has it.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
You remember Shane from Centerpoint? I used to do website, he was a fun caller. I actually believe Finebaum believed this, and know his nitch, and it's caller based. If you get down to the nuts and bolts, Paul knows very little about the game, I doubt he ever played. And is why he has on "experts" and his show his caller driven. He believed this imo. Every major outlet picked it up. I shook my head. It is the exact opposite of alpha male coaches, they don't walk away at the top of the hill. They keep fighting.
I hate that Shane passed away with Cancer. He seemed like nice guy. But Finebaum has been slinging his manure since he started with the Birmingham Post Hearld. Ask him the difference been the veer offense and the wishbone and does not have a clue. I have never heard him comment on the games other than who he thought would win. He is an entertainer (a goofy one to look at) once people realize that he is all smoke and mirrors. He goes get some good interviews though, thats the only reason I listen to him anymore. I turn him off when the callers are going postal...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.