NYE and Cotton Bowl: How is NYE affecting your normal game watch plans?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Just wondering how people are watching the game with the regular parties that evening.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I haven't gone out on NYE in a long time. We will have a house full as we do every Bama game, watching the Tide.

RTR!

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
New Year's Eve parties are a bit over rated (how exciting can it be to watch a ball drop). We typically just spend time with friends and family at our house or theirs. However, there seems to be more of a party type atmosphere this year with the Orange and Cotton Bowl semi-finals. We are going over to a friend's house with about 30-40 of our friend's to watch the Cotton Bowl on my friend's large outdoor screen. We are going to cook some butts and ribs and watch the game that night. After the game, we are going to hang around, shoot some fireworks, and bring in the new year and hopefully celebrate a big Bama win. It is the first time I have been excited about New Years Eve in a long time.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I would think that 80% of the population stays home. Television and the media give the perception that everyone is out, it's not true. And the Sugar Bowl was annually held on New Years Eve, what's the problem?

It makes the night.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I would think that 80% of the population stays home. Television and the media give the perception that everyone is out, it's not true. And the Sugar Bowl was annually held on New Years Eve, what's the problem?

It makes the night.
Completely agree. I think the games add to the bringing in of the New Year. I like the new bowl schedule and hope they keep it like this..

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Won't really affect me. My wife and I normally get together with friends that love watching football, and large contingent are Alabama fans and/or graduates.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I have a 3 year old and 4 year old. My wife and I are homebodies. We'll have the kids asleep by kickoff and watch the game in peace at home. I have zero problem with NYE games.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I have to work. It is remote work, from home, so the game will be on. Frankly, I'm less likely to watch the games on New Years Day, and those are the ratings that I think will suffer.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I watch Bama games alone - not just because this part of the world isn't exactly overrun w Crimson Tide fans, but also because I kinda get into it, so it's best if the faint of heart aren't around...

As others here have posted, I too have never been one to "go out for the sake of going out" on New Year's Eve, so the fact that Bama is playing on NYE simply means that I won't, for example, be inviting friends to come over n do it up...

What's more, any post-game celebration will be muted in my case this year, as I'm up early New Year's Day to fly to Florida for a little getaway...

Needless to say, will have all my Bama gear packed n ready for sportin down in Fla...

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Nothing bothering us at all. We have younger kids and never go out on NYE. We will love watching the game together at home with some good food to eat. Perfect NYE for us.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
It really screws with me. I work a full day, so I have to miss the early games. I'll be out by the time our game starts, but since it doesn't come on until 8-9PM Est, it will be interfering with plans that my fiancée made. So my best hope is to be able to watch it from a bar.

It drives me crazy that it's on NYE since so many people still have to work that day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.