NYE and Cotton Bowl: How is NYE affecting your normal game watch plans?

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Will be at home watching the game with my son. Just like every other Bama game. I have a very understanding wife that knows how important games are to my son and I. RTR

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Still trying to figure out how to get to the game.... Have tickets but, the wife is still hacked off I blew her off on her b-day to go to Wiscy game and left her with my parents for 2 days. She is holding firm I am going to dinner at 6PM and then to a party afterwards. I may be spending a lot of time in the bathroom with the watch ESPN app.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I'm going to Dallas for the game and taking my son, so it's affected my New Year plans significantly! (Also my wife's not too happy about staying home with our little one, but she grudgingly accepts that the Saban train won't roll on forever, so I've got to ride it as long as I can!)

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Bama Game watching party with friends and then likely a toast and kiss for my wife at New Year and we'll head home shortly thereafter! The Jefferson County Alumni Association did tempt me though. They are having a Game Watching party above Pale Eddies in Birmingham and your $25 per person admission fee gets you into the 5 bar pup crawl too which we did a few years ago and it was a blast. Plus you can now UBER home without driving!

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Still trying to figure out how to get to the game.... Have tickets but, the wife is still hacked off I blew her off on her b-day to go to Wiscy game and left her with my parents for 2 days. She is holding firm I am going to dinner at 6PM and then to a party afterwards. I may be spending a lot of time in the bathroom with the watch ESPN app.
Find a new wife

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
You seriously have tickets and are going to stay home and watch the game in the potty room. And she still ....ed off from September...... OMG...... Merry Christmas...... GO to the game and sleep on the couch for a week.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Dude.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Went to Sugar Bowl New Years Eve(I think the first one on NYE) against ND in '73, rained in Tulane Stadium, (hate we lost)still like the idea of New Year's Eve game.
I went to that game too. I hated losing, but had a ball on Bourbon Street after the game. It was a very memorable NYE for more reasons than one.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
You seriously have tickets and are going to stay home and watch the game in the potty room. And she still ....ed off from September...... OMG...... Merry Christmas...... GO to the game and sleep on the couch for a week.
May have found a solution.. A buddy called me earlier who has tix to Glendale he cannot use. Looks like we are gonna swap.....

I've done some other stupid crap lately so this is probably the best solution to stay married, lol. Besides its only the semi final, doesn't mean crap if we don't win...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We have a huge group of friends and family in Epcot for NYC this year. We always do something, and this year it is Epcot. We will not watch. We gave up free tickets to spend the time with family.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
We have a huge group of friends and family in Epcot for NYC this year. We always do something, and this year it is Epcot. We will not watch. We gave up free tickets to spend the time with family.
Similarly hosed. Wife is not a football fan but agreed to let me watch because my wingman and brother, Tidetwin, was coming in from out of town. Now he's canceled, and today we got an offer to join another couple for movies, good wood and wine -- a classic case of great evening/wrong night.

Her solution: the DVR. Still negotiating, but my bargaining position weakens by the moment.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Me and my wife will watch the game on TV. Our daughter, granddaughter and barner son in law will watch with us. I'll give the barner son in law an out if he wants it.
We haven't gone out on New Years Eve in a long time! It may be because we're older but there's a lot of drunk people driving and we choose not to be among them.
Roll Tide everyone and enjoy the game!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.