Remaining Recruits

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Interesting 3 wideouts in that group. I would add Jacobs to that list if we give him a offer.
I'm not sure if those commits he has in the article are accurate but I was really pointing out that if we do land Davis and Wilson along with some of the other highly rated players we are going after we can go to #1 in the rankings.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
This guy at maxpreps.com predicts we land the guys shown in the article which will propel us to #1 in the class rankings per 247Sports.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/articl...referal&utm_content=yahoolink&FTAG=YHF4d10a64
I always like the comments people say that players will go to Bama to ride the pine.....geez, these people are so clueless. Coach plays the best..Period. Ridley, Fitz, Payne, Harris, Cotton, Harrison etc. were all true freshman that played a good bit, if not A LOT! and a few were considered starters....idiot outsiders looking in!!! Got to love the haters......but some of these kids listen to coaches that lie to them and fans that don't have a clue.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I always like the comments people say that players will go to Bama to ride the pine.....geez, these people are so clueless. Coach plays the best..Period. Ridley, Fitz, Payne, Harris, Cotton, Harrison etc. were all true freshman that played a good bit, if not A LOT! and a few were considered starters....idiot outsiders looking in!!! Got to love the haters......but some of these kids listen to coaches that lie to them and fans that don't have a clue.
I am absolutely convicted in the belief that this is a major approach on the part of the Freeze`s, Joneses, Malzahns, etc., of the world. In some cases it appears to be working. They have, in some ways, found ways to turn our success ( on the field and in our previous recruiting ) against us. I don`t think they pretend that their respective programs are at our level at all. They`ve turned that into something of a selling point. " They`re loaded, just look at their recruiting classes. We`ll get you on the field and in front of scouts right now, guaranteed."

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I am absolutely convicted in the belief that this is a major approach on the part of the Freeze`s, Joneses, Malzahns, etc., of the world. In some cases it appears to be working. They have, in some ways, found ways to turn our success ( on the field and in our previous recruiting ) against us. I don`t think they pretend that their respective programs are at our level at all. They`ve turned that into something of a selling point. " They`re loaded, just look at their recruiting classes. We`ll get you on the field and in front of scouts right now, guaranteed."
There is no doubt they are doing this and I'm sure we lose some due to this. We get competitive kids who want to win.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
There is no doubt they are doing this and I'm sure we lose some due to this. We get competitive kids who want to win.

That is the answer right there....Bama gets a lot of competitive kids that want to win, the kids that say I am good enough to get on the field against anyone and have that fighting edge to them......when you sale a kid that you are not good enough to play over there early, but you are good enough here is kind of a, lost to them already mentality, when they play Alabama. This is just another psychological advantage for Bama/Saban in my eyes.

Fitz talked about it on social media, everyone told him he would sit the bench.....that just made him work harder, and gave him that desire to prove everyone wrong. Some are like Fitz and some are not.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It's all they have to sell vs. us. We did the same thing in the Fran / Shula years when we were recruiting against winning teams -- ironically Auburn, Tennessee and Florida. The worm does turn.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If you are reeled in by ," The players at Alabama are too good for you to play right away" nonsense after watching true freshmen play year in and year out then I would prefer you take your "talents" to another school any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Honestly, who even cares who is #1 in recruiting?

I would rather finish #10, if those players could put the team over the top to win a national championship.

Team chemistry could mean a lot more than the supposed best high school players. Just ask Coach Urban Meyers what the #1 (and called by many the best recruiting class of all time) meant to him toward the end of his tenure at Florida. The recruits turned out to be some serious punks and nearly cost him his life and ruined his job.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I have always maintained, a top 10 under CNS is as good as a #1, because he will get the most out of the kids who buy in. The hardest thing about that however is the entitlement issue (see 2010).

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
With all the new names popping up the last week or two,my only concern is are these back up plans to guys we thought we were getting?
Lashley, no. Always recruited but just now showed interest.

Jacobs is a backup, but he burst onto the scene because he never went to any camps. Senior footage is stellar.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Exactly!

We want the kids that aren't afraid of competition.

Our rivals are only helping us...:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Derrick Brown tells 247 he's down to a top 3 of Alabama, Auburn, and Tennessee, meaning UGA will zone in on Michail Carter now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.