News Article: Perfect Fumble for Scam Newton-

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Scam ranks on top of former college players I can't stomach. Brian Bosworth and several of The U players used to be on top but Scam is tops now. I loved seeing him lose.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
There is a God and he listened. Thank God Scam will not go undefeated this year. Call it Crimson Colored Glasses that I wear, but ever since the 28-27 2010 IB loss, I just have zero respect for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Julio's catch was pretty impressive.
I am torn on the Scam loss. On the one hand Scam and the Panthers lost on the other hand the scumbag 72 Dolphins get to pop champagne and be smug for one more year.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I would be embarrassed if a former Alabama player acted like Scam does. He is so cocky. Yes, he is a great player, but you don't have to prance around after every TD.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I saw that just after the end of the game, Newton ran over to Ryan, wagged a finger in his face and said something. Any word on what Newton said?
I saw it and thought he was likely congratulating Ryan. Anything other than that didn't cross my mind until I read your post.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I saw it and thought he was likely congratulating Ryan. Anything other than that didn't cross my mind until I read your post.
Just looking at the body language and deportment, I could see Newton saying something along the lines of "You stole one, but we'll get you in the playoffs" or some such.
I base that mostly on Ryan's reaction which did not look like, "Hey, thanks man. Good luck the rest of the way." It looked more like, "Oh, yeah? Check the scoreboard." Ryan's response made me wonder if Newton was mouthing off.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I was more happy for our guy making one of the catches of the year than Cam Newton having a bad game. Seeing Julio in the pros, you've gotta wonder if we didn't utilize him well enough while he was here. Then I remember he didn't have NFL QBs throwing to him...so he was the perfect team player and just executed those little curls, crossers, and square ins Wilson and McElroy could execute.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
When he ran for that first down - which was an awesome display of running and toughness - he just had to get up, act a fool, and cause me to lose all respect for what he just accomplished. He gets all chippy with Beasley, even though it was his own lineman who was crushing him, and then has to get up and push his way through the entire Falcons defense, walking in the complete opposite direction of his own huddle. I'm glad the Falcons kept their composure and ended their run at perfection. I hate the Panthers.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Just looking at the body language and deportment, I could see Newton saying something along the lines of "You stole one, but we'll get you in the playoffs" or some such.
I base that mostly on Ryan's reaction which did not look like, "Hey, thanks man. Good luck the rest of the way." It looked more like, "Oh, yeah? Check the scoreboard." Ryan's response made me wonder if Newton was mouthing off.
I could see him doing that. My thought at the time was that Matt Ryan was distracted while talking to another player and just gave him a quick "yeah, man" kind of response.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That one play when he was fighting for that 1st down & it took 5-6 Falcons to get him down..sCam got tagged by that one defender who came flying in & wasn't the same after that..Once he's been hit hard he's not the same QB & is when he loses most of his games..If he would stop all his crappy TD celebrations I could actually enjoy watching him play because the guy is a freak of a football player..I'm like y'all & can't stand looking at him..At all..

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I was more happy for our guy making one of the catches of the year than Cam Newton having a bad game. Seeing Julio in the pros, you've gotta wonder if we didn't utilize him well enough while he was here. Then I remember he didn't have NFL QBs throwing to him...so he was the perfect team player and just executed those little curls, crossers, and square ins Wilson and McElroy could execute.
He didn't have Kiffin either

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.