Thoughts on Clemson and Oklahoma game

Status
Not open for further replies.

champions77

Scout Team
Sep 6, 2006
Norman, Ok
I'm getting the sense that OU is mad not to play Bama in the semi finals. It seems to me they are kind of overlooking Clemson a bit. kind of like what FSU did last year. I work in Tallahassee and got a lot of flak from FSU fans down here because they had to play Oregon not Bama in the Semi's. watching the bowl game between OU and Clemson last year you would think they would take Clemson a little more serious. if OU doesn't have their mind right, Clemson will boat race them. again.
Believe me OU is not overlooking Clemson, certainly not after the 40-6 beat down of last year. Clemson was the team OU wanted first according to one of my customers, whose grandson is a starting linebacker on the team. Huge psychological advantage for the Sooners in this one.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think Clemson wins.....maybe by as much as 2 or 3 TDs.....

I think OUs QB is a head case, apparently....and Stoops, well, he's Bob Stoops.....

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Are you saying when you beat a team that doesn't have it's starting QB - it's not as credible of a win?

Of course they're not the same. If you're looking at it only in the context of W-L records, a win is a win, and they're all equal. If you're judging the strength of a team (which we are doing), not so much.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Believe me OU is not overlooking Clemson, certainly not after the 40-6 beat down of last year. Clemson was the team OU wanted first according to one of my customers, whose grandson is a starting linebacker on the team. Huge psychological advantage for the Sooners in this one.

I agree. Psychologically, OU should have a huge edge in this game. That's one reason I think they'll win. It's been a while since OU and big game bob have been in this position and I think they feel they have something to prove.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
My response to the thread title!

I just can't think about OU vs CU, because all my thoughts are directed in/toward the Dallas, Texas area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.