Who Is Going To Dallas?

fourbama

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
Leaving in the morning! Who will have the largest crowd? I went to New Orleans last year expecting Bama Fans to be in the majority but was sadly mistaken. I hope to see a sea of Crimson in Jerry World this year and not very much green.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My suspicion is not many. Cheapest tickets on the day they went on sale were $185; now they're less than $100 for those same nosebleed seats. I also suspect that given we played Wisconsin here earlier this year and open against USC, a lot of Tide fans are going to skip Dallas both because of that AND the fact some are saving their money presumably for the championship game (as uh happened last year).

It will be impossible to expect fans of teams playing two games in a four-game playoff to consistently fork over boo-koo bucks year after year. Keep in mind the SEC title game is usually more expensive than this year, too (and would have been if Florida had beaten FSU).

I live here and I'm debating it, but I hesitate to miss the first game and go out into that monstrosity as much as I'd love to do so. I went to the Michigan game and had a ringing in my ear for three days.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Leaving t town in the morning to go see if this thunderdome is really worth it... I'm certain is , And to see us beat msu

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
10 years ago we played in the Cotton Bowl vs Texas Tech.It was my first Bama game to see live.10 years later I'm taking my son to the Cotton Bowl to see his first live Bama game.Roll Tide!

3TernaL

1st Team
Jan 8, 2007
D-town, MI
What are the expected showings? I have endzone tix that are leaning toward the msu side... Wondering if I'll be enveloped in a sea of green.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Leaving in the morning! Who will have the largest crowd? I went to New Orleans last year expecting Bama Fans to be in the majority but was sadly mistaken. I hope to see a sea of Crimson in Jerry World this year and not very much green.
Leaving Thursday morning from South Texas, can't wait, missed the Wisky game but meeting my brother for a good New Years Eve.

tidegrandpa

All-American
My suspicion is not many. Cheapest tickets on the day they went on sale were $185; now they're less than $100 for those same nosebleed seats. I also suspect that given we played Wisconsin here earlier this year and open against USC, a lot of Tide fans are going to skip Dallas both because of that AND the fact some are saving their money presumably for the championship game (as uh happened last year).

It will be impossible to expect fans of teams playing two games in a four-game playoff to consistently fork over boo-koo bucks year after year. Keep in mind the SEC title game is usually more expensive than this year, too (and would have been if Florida had beaten FSU).

I live here and I'm debating it, but I hesitate to miss the first game and go out into that monstrosity as much as I'd love to do so. I went to the Michigan game and had a ringing in my ear for three days.
Selma, if I can make it from Corpus, c'mon man !!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Tomorrow the two of us are heading out. Anniversary is today so this worked out as an anniversary present. Hopefully Bama gives us a present tomorrow and we'll be heading to AZ in a few weeks. We'll do our part and head to that game too.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Sadly I've only been able to go two games since CNS became coach. My wife has been so sick and one income and tons of medical expenses cuts out many possibilities. I wanted so bad to go to the SECCG but just couldn't. I'm saving up for next year so I hope we can go again. It's a big ask but I'm hoping. Y'all going...scream for all of us who can't make it and ROLL TIDE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'll tell you what.....I-20 west looks like an Alabama motorcade since about 8 this morning

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
We are already out here. I hope we show up in great numbers. Should be a good day for tailgating tomorrow. Hopefully a great NYE party after the game. Party in Jerry World.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.