Tony Brown was sent home in December. He's still with the team in Tuscaloosa.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Saban Announces Tony Brown is Going Home for a Violation of Team Rules

Ask and ye shall receive. ;)

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Hope he comes around. Just watched Miss. State game when he stepped and the talent is evident. He's an asset I hope we retain.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saban speaking to the media at the Senior Bowl practice just now:

Nick Saban: Tony Brown is back with the team but he is facing suspensions.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Better the doghouse than the out house. Here's the thing too. If Coach Saban would have given up on him, he would have cut him loose. I think Coach has hope for Tony. Hopefully, first and foremost, to shape him into a man and help him overcome his demons.
To further that comment just a bit. When I was coaching my boys in baseball and football I would tell all my players, "Don't worry about if I'm yelling, worry when I'm not because then I've given up on you." Yes, I borrowed the phrase, but if Coach Saban is still chewing out Tony, hopefully Tony will realize Coach hasn't given up on him either.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
To further that comment just a bit. When I was coaching my boys in baseball and football I would tell all my players, "Don't worry about if I'm yelling, worry when I'm not because then I've given up on you." Yes, I borrowed the phrase, but if Coach Saban is still chewing out Tony, hopefully Tony will realize Coach hasn't given up on him either.
Good points. I think Tony sticking it out at this point says he is going to take his punishment and get back into the good graces of the staff and his teammates. He just does not need to make another critical mistake in judgment.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think his future punishment will probably be missing half or all of spring practices, and that could be the deal breaker for him... because he needs spring camp to get used at the safety position.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.