Tony Brown was sent home in December. He's still with the team in Tuscaloosa.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Saban Announces Tony Brown is Going Home for a Violation of Team Rules

I would think that's very premature. Nick Saban uses things such as this as a way of getting the other players attention. It is just as likely he'll have to work through a process to regain Saban's trust but if he owns whatever he did it seems more than likely he'd make the trip to Phoenix.
12 days isn't enough time to regain Saban's trust. Sending a kid home isn't an easy (or cheap) event. They will send a member of the staff home with him.... (someone will be pretty unhappy to be sent home with Tony).....I'm guessing he's done for the year.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I hope Maurice Smith is ready to take up the slack. This is very disappointing. I know he's a young man and they make mistakes, but it's really time for him to decide if Alabama is the program for him.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

What are the chances he missed curfew or something and the leadership council decided to play with a heavy hand here to make sure everyone stays focused? After reading the article about A'Shawn and how he handles things, I don't see this as being out of the realm of possibility.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He's been in and out of the doghouse his whole time here. He had a hair-trigger, no doubt, on any sort of silly-business.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I think we may need to stick a fork in it for this year if not for good

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Coach Saban probably stated from the start zero tolerance for certain things and he violated one of them. Coach Saban sending a message no one is bigger than the team. Could be something simple. I doubt its drug related hard to keep that out of the media with the test administrators knowing also.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

He had a block in the back in a recent game as well, didn't he?
End of the half in the SECCG, which many figured is why Saban let up on the gas, cause it changed our previously awesome field position.

I REALLY like Brown. He always seems to be near a broken pass play on D and just a step away from an interception. I hope it was nothing major and will in fact be back if we move forward.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Might not be related, but Cyrus Jones just tweeted:

@CyJones_ Y'all media people be so excited to put something negative out there. Don't speak on something y'all don't know! #DontAssumeGetFacts

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

Not real smart of him to make a mistake like this. Next man up has to answer the bell.

IMO, he should arrange his own transportation back home at his own expense as well.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Tony is a Texas boy, too, isn't he? Really stinks to lose the opportunity to show out on your home turf!

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

No need to jump to conclusions about next year. Tough love kicks in at different times for different people. I hope he's back because it will demonstrate, once again, that you can recover from a poor decision.

Roll Tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.