Tony Brown was sent home in December. He's still with the team in Tuscaloosa.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Saban Announces Tony Brown is Going Home for a Violation of Team Rules

He probably missed curfew. If he failed an NCAA administered urinalysis like the Clemson crew, I'm sure that would have been made public already.

He's been in the doghouse before and he got sent home for violating a team rule...thats really it. I don't think it means the whole team is goofing off. I don't think he necessarily did something terrible...he just broke a rule and this is no time to be doing that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I don't think Saban let's the team decide these type things like some do.
Depends. It could have been decided by the leadership team. I believe they are the ones that send Lee and Anderson home in 2012.

He probably missed curfew. If he failed an NCAA administered urinalysis like the Clemson crew, I'm sure that would have been made public already.
Saw someone mention curfew as a possible reason.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I hate to hear this and I hope this isn't the end of Tony Brown at Alabama. He has such huge potential.

Until I hear otherwise I'm going to remain hopeful he'll be able to play in the next game, whenever that is.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yeah, I don't think this is a nail in the coffin for him unless he makes it one.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

ESPN seems to be saying this was partly decided by the leadership committee but Saban made the final call.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

Some of y'all are acting like that this is first time something like this has happened and he won't return next year? What inside info do y'all have? Sheesh we have no idea what happened and some of you just want to completely dismiss him. He ain't been a perfect saint but saying I doubt he'll return next year is kind of overboard I think. He's still young, still has time to get his head on straight. Every young kid isn't going to be problem free, doesn't mean we should give up on them

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I seem to remember Tim Williams and Dillion Lee having some problems earlier in their collegiate career and they turned it around. *cues the Aaron Rodgers relax soundbyte*

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I seem to remember Tim Williams and Dillion Lee having some problems earlier in their collegiate career and they turned it around. *cues the Aaron Rodgers relax soundbyte*
Ryan Anderson and Led were sent home from Miami

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I would be surprised if Tony returns next season.
C'mon man. This isn't good but let's not write the guy off. Didn't Lee get sent home a couple of years ago before a big game? He turned out fine. All the same, get your act together Tony! Bama needs you - but you need Bama more!

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007

What are the odds of this kid learning and turning it around?

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Thank you...sorry Tim!

Well Tim did have some issues as well early on in his career and seems to have put them behind him. Tony can as well....if he decides to.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Ain't no overreaction party like a Tidefans overreaction party.
Yep.

Kenyan should talk in depth to this young man. If anyone can be an example of how to turn the page it'll be KD. But TB has to be willing to listen and apply. A total and complete waste if he doesn't get a grip.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.