8 of the next 11 CFP semis will be on NYE

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
I like it. In fact, I'm grateful.

Alabama football trumps all the NYE nonsense. I'll be watching, whatever day or time they play.

I think it was Norm Einstein that once said "Excitement about New Year's Eve is inversely proportional to intelligence."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
You have to make your choice about what you want to do. If we weren't playing tonight and I were hosting a party and someone said they couldn't make it because their favorite team was playing in the playoff game, I would certainly understand.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
My only concern is losing. Losing is one thing but losing on NYE around midnight, with so much at stake, takes the agony of defeat to a whole different level. You have to be old like me to remember that in 1973. I won't live long enough to forget that night.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Since when did today become a national holiday? The post office is open today as is my vet and many more doctor offices. I know because we had to call for my grandmother.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I like it. In fact, I'm grateful.

Alabama football trumps all the NYE nonsense. I'll be watching, whatever day or time they play.

I think it was Norm Einstein that once said "Excitement about New Year's Eve is inversely proportional to intelligence."
Questioning someone else's intelligence because they are different makes one a prejudiced bigot.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I don't foresee myself going to an Alabama CFB game unless the tickets are gifted to me, and the game is either close to where I live, or I can get there and stay there for cheap. Furthermore, I don't treat NYE like others do, as I'm perfectly happy to be sleeping when it changes over to NYD. So, this change doesn't really affect me. Sorry if that affects folks.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Ratings for last nights games did very good vs historic numbers. Not sure how it compares to last year (edit: see post below for last years #s) or will compare to the New Years Day bowl games this year.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Looks like, predictably, the ratings were way down compared to last year. Will be interesting if they change anything going forward.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
As a Southerner, I've never been much of a Rose Bowl fan. This is really a non-issue to me.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I work a lot of weekends so I listen to about half of our games on radio and watch the DVR when I get home. I've gotten home at 3:30 AM, watched the game, and just stayed up to go to church. I'd rather watch the game live, but if work is available, I take it.

I love Bama and college football but it needs to be a secondary priority in everyone's life. Like Vince Lombardi said it's God, family, and the Green Bay Packers. If Bama loses, the quality of your life should not go down. Kudos to B1G for having his priorities in order.

I've watched the Rose Bowl every New Year's Day since before the games were broadcast in color. I'm just fine with them holding their ground. I'm sure a lot of people in California and the Mid West are too.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I work a lot of weekends so I listen to about half of our games on radio and watch the DVR when I get home. I've gotten home at 3:30 AM, watched the game, and just stayed up to go to church. I'd rather watch the game live, but if work is available, I take it.

I love Bama and college football but it needs to be a secondary priority in everyone's life. Like Vince Lombardi said it's God, family, and the Green Bay Packers. If Bama loses, the quality of your life should not go down. Kudos to B1G for having his priorities in order.

I've watched the Rose Bowl every New Year's Day since before the games were broadcast in color. I'm just fine with them holding their ground. I'm sure a lot of people in California and the Mid West are too.
Let them hold their ground - and tell them until they play ball the NCG will NOT be in the Rose Bowl.

We used to have only white players - we got over it.

Nebraska and OU used to play every year and so did Texas and ATM. We got over it.

We used to have national titles before the bowl games, split titles and BCS chaos - we got over it.

The Rose Bowl either needs to be in the group or out with no special rules. They can be an annual consolation game like today.

We used to have Orange Bowl parades but we got over it.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Let them hold their ground - and tell them until they play ball the NCG will NOT be in the Rose Bowl.

We used to have only white players - we got over it.

Nebraska and OU used to play every year and so did Texas and ATM. We got over it.

We used to have national titles before the bowl games, split titles and BCS chaos - we got over it.

The Rose Bowl either needs to be in the group or out with no special rules. They can be an annual consolation game like today.

We used to have Orange Bowl parades but we got over it.
We used to have only white player and got over it????????? C'mon, what kind of a comparison is that? If the Masters tells TV money to go to hell, so can the Rose Bowl. I'm just saying I respect them for refusing to let ESPN, Disney, or the NCAA or whoever this is when we're having our game.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
When will ESPN stop pandering to the stupid rose bowl game, it's usually a pathetic matchup anyway. Just don't include them in the CFP rotation, fans will not care. Tell them they can have there stupid NYD time slot... on ESPN 2, while the big boys play in the semis on ESPN.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.