Hey Cowherd!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Colin Cowherd says anything that others will listen to. Don't take any of his compliments to mean doo-doo. Should we lose to Clemson he'll be heaping on the "dynasty is over, Alabama is finished" garbage as much as anyone.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was just thinking that, in the kind of law I practice, I get asked the same questions over and over. I'd better be consistent and I'd better be right. Must be nice to be a sports reporter and be able to change your opinion on a weekly basis and not get called on it. I guess no one compares what they're saying this week compared to what they said last week...

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
I once watched a clip of Cowherd (is that really his name?) that someone posted on Tidefans. He's really a girly-man. I don't know anything about his background, but I can imagine he was beat up on the playground on numerous occasions.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Pagano re signed with the Colts.So much for his Saban to the Colts wish.
Mike and Mike speculating on CNS to the Giants this morning. I don`t think any of these guys have any idea of the things that surround him in his life in addition to coaching that impact such decisions. He`s moved his mother to Birmingham, his homes, and, most important of all probably, Ms. Terry and what she wants for them.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Mike and Mike speculating on CNS to the Giants this morning. I don`t think any of these guys have any idea of the things that surround him in his life in addition to coaching that impact such decisions. He`s moved his mother to Birmingham, his homes, and, most important of all probably, Ms. Terry and what she wants for them.
I'm sure CNS is looking forward to the daily exchange w/the NYC media re: the Giants depth chart and team discipline.

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
Why does anyone listen to this guy? WHy does anyone pay attention to this guy? Why does anyone care what he says about anything? From everything I see posted here, he is never correct about anything and just repeatedly makes moronic, flailing statements hoping that occasionally one of them becomes true.

Many years ago I listened to Tony Kornheiser on ESPN radio and liked his show. It was his local show out of DC and ESPN quit broadcasting it nationally for some reason or other and placed this guy, whom I'd never heard of, in his time slot. I thought that he was terrible the first time I heard him (trolling, annoying voice, strange arrogance, etc) but tried to give it a go but after about two weeks I could not stomach it anymore. The guy was terrible…I felt dumber after listening to him and have never done so again.

I see these posts on here, and other places, about this guy and I never click on the link, read articles about what he said or pay it any mind other than to wonder why anyone gives this guy the time of day. Posting his comments/discussing his program is playing into his hands (much like Daniel Kanell) and you are doing exactly what he wants.

These type of people are desperate for attention (good or bad) and will do anything to get said attention. Put simply, he's a troll:

troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
:

Pay these types no mind and they go away. There is nothing behind his statements but desperation. He knows nothing of which he speaks and thus simply tries to anger passionate people and create chaos…he's a sad person.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I will never understand why he has so much hate for Saban. Everyone doesn't have to be a Tide fan but I would think people in the sports business would have respect for what the man has accomplished during his coaching career. I use to actually enjoy his show but his constant hate for all things Saban is just old. He can't still be butt hurt this much over Saban leaving the Dolphins, can he? Kannell may be stupid but at least he doesn't spew hate out of his mouth. Cowherd is just a sad little man.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I will never understand why he has so much hate for Saban. Everyone doesn't have to be a Tide fan but I would think people in the sports business would have respect for what the man has accomplished during his coaching career. I use to actually enjoy his show but his constant hate for all things Saban is just old. He can't still be butt hurt this much over Saban leaving the Dolphins, can he? Kannell may be stupid but at least he doesn't spew hate out of his mouth. Cowherd is just a sad little man.
I think there is just a lot of fatigue (jealousy) out there for Bama and Saban. He's playing to the audience. It's not acceptable in this day to appreciate a dynasty (and how hard it is to become one). No, you either have to love it (Bama fans) or hate it (everyone else). I'm over generalizing, of course, but that seems to be narrative in the sports media today.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
That idiot just went to the fiftieth shade of stupid with this rant.:mad2:

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Colin-Cowherd-rips-into-Nick-Saban-Miss-Terry-42561158

Why does this guy not tag team with Finebaum ( Espn fired him ). Mal Moore met with Terry Saban , and Terry told Nick she needed to talk to Mal. This is all been documented even from Saban's mouth. So Cowheard must have been turned down by Saban for an interview or he is just like Finebaum using Saban as a lighting rod to attract attention. Isnt FOX the network where college football announcers go to die. Brando for one, and Cowhead. Did FOX have any of the college bowl games this year?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He used to be fond of Alabama and Saban because he was college roommates with Jim McElwain. Ratings are the only reason I can figure he does what he does now. He needs listeners and saying completely off the wall comments about Nick Saban apparently gets them.

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
He used to be fond of Alabama and Saban because he was college roommates with Jim McElwain. Ratings are the only reason I can figure he does what he does now. He needs listeners and saying completely off the wall comments about Nick Saban apparently gets them.
He was never fond of Alabama.He drug us through the mud the whole time we were trying to get Saban.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.