Derek Henry mindset

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
By his actions on the sidelines I'd disagree. He was running up and down the sideline every time Ridley or someone caught a ball. And near the end he kept telling Coker he was the man on the sidelines.

PS don't have the link but check his twitters out that he posted after the game.

Last edited:

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
DH knew going into the game what the plan was. If you saw him near the end of the game talking to Coker he was very happy. He got enough carries to get 2000 yards and once again holds the record for most touchdowns in a season. And he is playing for a National Championship. He is very Happy! RTR

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
That's why Saban tears up when talking about this team. They play as a team. Henry done his job. Being as good as he is they had to stack the box. Which opened up the passing game. Proud of these boys.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
He won The Heisman. Of course the spotlight was on him. The fact he was low key and allowed his teammates' play to be the center of attention speaks volumes about his character. I admire him for not holding court with the media. He's not Deion Sanders! :)

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The two touchdowns aside, Henry's impact on last night's game has been a month in the making- the MSU coaches and players said so themselves. IMHO, the success that Coker, Ridley, Mullaney, Stewart and Howard had in the passing game last night is going to pay dividends for Henry on the 11th and he knows it. Coach Kiffin's arsenal is full and Brent Venables has his work cut out for him this week.

EDIT: And Drake had 60 yards on 5 carries last night. With Bo and Damien's clean-up yards, Bama rushed for over 150.

Last edited:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
He was celebrating with the team. He had his time in the spotlight and was happy for everyone else. I see no jealousy or reason for it and I don't think he does either. Great team effort, great team win.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Henry has too much class to talk to the media. He knew what they would ask him and by snubbing them, they are creating a complete NON-STORY. He had 75 yards and 2 TD's on 20 carries. So what, it was not 90 carries in two weeks. He knows this is a team sport and puts the team above everything else. The coaches at Clemson should be VERY scared!!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I have a question about how CLK and CNS handled Henry last night. I'm not sure what other thread to put it.

MSU planned on clogging the middle to stop Henry, which was fine....got it.

Henry does best when he has 2 or 3 strides before he hits the line....so, when we run off tackle or on a sweep.....he gets that 2 or 3 steps before he gets to the LOS. We didn't do much of that. Maybe 2 or 3 times that I recall....and it worked.

Was the reason we tried the middle so many times, designed to soften it up....OR, to disguise whether we would run or pass?

Also, was the plan to start with short passes, then move to the 15-20 passes, and then deep? it was an amazing plan.....

Just some questions.

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.
My feeling was MSU was so keyed in on DH that sweeps would have been stopped as well. I think we did exactly what we needed. Of course i stayed at a Holiday Inn Express too last night :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I have a question about how CLK and CNS handled Henry last night. I'm not sure what other thread to put it.

MSU planned on clogging the middle to stop Henry, which was fine....got it.

Henry does best when he has 2 or 3 strides before he hits the line....so, when we run off tackle or on a sweep.....he gets that 2 or 3 steps before he gets to the LOS. We didn't do much of that. Maybe 2 or 3 times that I recall....and it worked.

Was the reason we tried the middle so many times, designed to soften it up....OR, to disguise whether we would run or pass?

Also, was the plan to start with short passes, then move to the 15-20 passes, and then deep? it was an amazing plan.....

Just some questions.
if i had to guess, i would say we kept running henry into the middle to give them a reason to have to keep the box loaded. as texas a and m found out, if you dont load the box, henry will eat you alive

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.