Lets put that 38-0 win into perspective

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
This current brand of Michigan State football simply does not get beat and outclassed like the way we beat them last night. They are a resilient and well coached team that never gives up. Their entire sideline was shell shocked after that Jones punt return for a TD. It all the sudden looked like a funeral home on their sideline. The game was over at that point. The Spartans knew it was over. They knew that there would be no coming back from behind this time.

Its been said that Connor Cook went to the sideline after another 3 and out saying "They Are Everywhere" over and over again.

This is a testament to the systematic destruction that the Tide D put on that Spartan O last night. It was complete domination and the Spartan players along with their coaches were speechless after the game.

This Tide team is all business and I don't think anything will stand in their way from getting #16 this year.

Last edited:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
These players are on a mission and they're serious about it.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I was honestly shocked that we beat them so badly, and that they seemed to give up halfway through the 3rd quarter.

I also almost felt sorry for Connor Cook. Almost. He looked like he was gonna break down and cry on the field. You could see him see his dreams disappearing in front of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Good post and I think you are right. But Clemson is another animal and they have momentum being the only undefeated team. If we play like we did last night I like our chances.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Michigan State was not the kind of team that was going to have a good chance at beating us if we could establish the passing game. They had a chance to steal momentum near the end of the half and an individual play ended it. I feel like that Cyrus Jones pick was the the first swing of the hammer on that final nail in the coffin. They didn't seem like the same team coming out in the second half.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Michigan State was not the kind of team that was going to have a good chance at beating us if we could establish the passing game. They had a chance to steal momentum near the end of the half and an individual play ended it. I feel like that Cyrus Jones pick was the the first swing of the hammer on that final nail in the coffin. They didn't seem like the same team coming out in the second half.
Cyrus pick and bama getting the ball in the second half was the killer imo. I agree.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One of the PSU DLs said their front seven were the best in college football. Of course, MSU laid 55 on them. One UGA player said they'd been through Bama's, so they'd see about that... :)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Cyrus pick and bama getting the ball in the second half was the killer imo. I agree.
Yep, we almost mismanaged the end-of-half-start-of-half scenario with some bad defense near the end of the 2nd quarter. Cyrus Jones stepped it up when they went back to that well one too many times. Once it was 17-0 before they touched the ball again, it was all she wrote for Sparty. The Cyrus Jones punt return TD was just the final blow that made the rest a complete formality.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Yep, we almost mismanaged the end-of-half-start-of-half scenario with some bad defense near the end of the 2nd quarter. Cyrus Jones stepped it up when they went back to that well one too many times. Once it was 17-0 before they touched the ball again, it was all she wrote for Sparty. The Cyrus Jones punt return TD was just the final blow that made the rest a complete formality.
I know part of MSU's offensive approach was due to the 2-minute offense but it also shows what happens when a team can't run the ball. They are forced to pass and pass again and eventually they will throw it to the wrong team.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I like The Spartans & have nothing but respect for their football program..When they saw they were facing us a month ago their reaction pretty much knew what was going to happen..They came out playing us hard, but, I think the game was over before it was ever played..

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree. Saw a comment that said while Michigan State and Oklahoma had top 4 resumes neither were 2 of the top 4 teams in the country.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
This may not be the most talented, but imo it by far has the best chemistry and is my favorite. I have never seen a player after a good play walk 50 feet with teammates patting the top of his helmet. The enthusiasm is unmatched. Coach Saban rarely makes a mistake twice and Michigan State paid the price. The concept of being in a playoff was new, and more profound than I thought it would be. I am hopeful that the team will play with this much zeal vs Clemson, because they are very fluid on on offense. It's going to be a close game imo, but believe this defensive line led team will get the job done. And Coker, man, he will get a crack at the NFL, he is vastly underrated. I think he's our second best under AJ only.

Last edited:

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Let me put in perspective, Stanford is whipping it up in Iowa who took MSU down to the wire. So we are playing a much better team in Clemson. Should be a good game.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Let me put in perspective, Stanford is whipping it up in Iowa who took MSU down to the wire. So we are playing a much better team in Clemson. Should be a good game.
We can play 7 degrees all day long though. Ohio State, who lost to MSU whipped the Dummers who almost beat Clemson at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.