Clemson Fans (And Family)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The ACC is weak but teams play games not conferences...I don't get why people forget that when Miami and FSU dynasties existed.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
I have a Clemson fan co-worker that had the nerve to touch my desk at work. Decorating it in Tiger crap. I really didn't like that. I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE THAT. I hadn't said anything about his team all year other than the ACC is weak. Needless to say, I don't like that team right now.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Why is it fans of other teams feel like they have to mess.with us???

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I've had a lot of dealings in business, and in life with a lot of shysters, that openly used the line of "I'm a Christian, God fearing man"....

As a Christian, and a believer, I feel that a persons faith should be displayed by ones actions and not words.....The quickest way for me to put up a defensive wall, is to lead off a conversation with "I'm a God fearing, Christian man"......

I like Dabo, and Clemson is ok, when they aren't playing, or having any bearing on hurting the status of the Tide.....but if He is wielding the Bible as a recruiting tool for a football team, then I have 0 respect for him anymore......and definitely don't want to see him as a possible replacement for CNS......

IMHO, God doesn't care about the outcome of a football game.........

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was in Clemson once for work and decided I wanted to buy a Clemson shirt. So I went to their school bookstore but it looked so much like barn stuff I passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I like Dabo too, but "Mama" needs to teach him a thing or two next Monday night. I wouldn't want anyone from that dis functional DuBose staff (except for Arians and he's too old for the job) to be our next head coach.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
One mother of a high profile recruit told the story of walking into Dabo's office and seeing him pull a bible out from under a stack of papers and pretend to be reading it when he noticed them walking in the door. Using this religious method on the recruiting trail is something I find quite annoying. Some of the biggest hypocrites I have ever known openly wear their so-called Christianity beliefs on their sleeve. But is seems to work for Clemson with some of the recruits they are able to lure to Clemson, SC. Which may be another story for another day.
I've had a lot of dealings in business, and in life with a lot of shysters, that openly used the line of "I'm a Christian, God fearing man"....

As a Christian, and a believer, I feel that a persons faith should be displayed by ones actions and not words.....The quickest way for me to put up a defensive wall, is to lead off a conversation with "I'm a God fearing, Christian man"......

I like Dabo, and Clemson is ok, when they aren't playing, or having any bearing on hurting the status of the Tide.....but if He is wielding the Bible as a recruiting tool for a football team, then I have 0 respect for him anymore......and definitely don't want to see him as a possible replacement for CNS......

IMHO, God doesn't care about the outcome of a football game.........

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I have a friend at work who is a Clemson fan. He has been very respectful. I'm sure he feels Clemson has a good chance to beat us but he hasn't been rude or ugly about it. He is probably the exception to the rule, but that's my experience at this point with Clemson fans.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm a Christian and it bothers me a bit for him to wear his faith on his sleeve as a recruiting tool. It obviously works with some kids. I saw a video of Greg Little this week basically stating one of the primary reasons he committed to OM was Hugh Freeze's pronouncement of his faith.
I'm not ashamed to be a Christian and will gladly tell anyone I am if they ask. I really believe the way you live your life says a lot more than what you say.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
2 points I am making - Clemson fans are going to travel to Arizona in record numbers and you can bet they are going to be rude and obnoxious especially being "the chosen ones"...and second...I don't have to deal with any Awbarn fans up here, and I would hate to think what is like to have relatives that pulled for them to deal with every year!
Sounds like a "nouveaux riches" problem. That problem will sort itself out come 11 January when the check bounces.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Yes, Dabo uses his Christian faith as a recruiting tool, it's his recruiting schtick. When he does something charitable there always seems to be a camera and/or a reporter nearby to document it. He is a great recruiter and his Christian faith is one of his biggest recruiting tools. For some there's nothing wrong with this, while others have problems with it. No matter what you think, there's no denying he is very good at it.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I have always thought that Dabo may have more in common with Hugh Freeze than some Bama fans would want to admit. Many things are very similiar-including signing some recruits than does more than raise an eyebrow or two.
I'm a Christian and it bothers me a bit for him to wear his faith on his sleeve as a recruiting tool. It obviously works with some kids. I saw a video of Greg Little this week basically stating one of the primary reasons he committed to OM was Hugh Freeze's pronouncement of his faith.
I'm not ashamed to be a Christian and will gladly tell anyone I am if they ask. I really believe the way you live your life says a lot more than what you say.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
When I was at Boy State way back when I was rising HS Senior, Larry Langford gave a speech that amounted to nothing more than applause bait about Jesus and the Bible. I thought he seemed crooked because he had such little content or advice for us...it was just an attempt to shroud himself in religion.

Turns out he was a crook and that probably explains why I am wary of people who aren't pastors or priests that talk THAT much about God.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
That is the problem in my mind- he is TOO good at recruiting. Color me very skeptical about his whole personna.And yes-I am well aware of his background and past.
Yes, Dabo uses his Christian faith as a recruiting tool, it's his recruiting schtick. When he does something charitable there always seems to be a camera and/or a reporter nearby to document it. He is a great recruiter and his Christian faith is one of his biggest recruiting tools. For some there's nothing wrong with this, while others have problems with it. No matter what you think, there's no denying he is very good at it.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
My son-in-law graduated from Auburn and has a masters degree from Clemson. I often use my religion when confronting his attitude, I pray for patience and help in keeping my mouth shut. So far God has helped me smile and fake it.
I love my grandchildren.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
clemson fans support their team well, cheer loud, travel well, give money, etc. By most definitions they are a good college football fan base. Where they get under your skin is The clemson fan base is the ultimate example of a group that truly believes their cr@p don't stink. clemson, SC is heaven on earth and you'll never convince them otherwise.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
I started this post to express my disbelief with Clemson fans that I personally know, not to criticize Dabo or anyone else. However, I do think it is very fair to say their fan base is taking things way too far and are in fact the ones "passing judgment".
I have no problem with Dabo but I want to beat his team, God could care less about a football game roll Tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.