WR Tyler Simmons Flips, Signs With Georgia

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: ***WR Tyler Simmons commits to Bama***

My point is he was getting caught by high school players. It will be a whole new ball game as you know when he gets to Bama. I hope I am wrong and you are right.
Tider Insider states he is one of the fastest receivers in the country.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

It's hard to evaluate him as a WR, from the tape I've seen at least. Hopefully he can contribute.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Rtr- All aboard the championship train! Side note: do not google Riley Reid. I was looking for Riley Ridley and was forwarded to a.. Erm.. More entertaining Riley.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

My point is he was getting caught by high school players. It will be a whole new ball game as you know when he gets to Bama. I hope I am wrong and you are right.
If a defensive player gets the angle on you its not the same as being run down.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If you can't see Tyler is fast in his highlights then I'm not sure what you are looking at. In every article I have seen they describe him as a speedster and Andrew Bone's tweet after the commit said he is one of the fastest players in the southeast.

Welcome and RTR Tyler!!!!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Love the vertical threats when we have the strong arms to get it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonDynasT

2nd Team
Sep 23, 2007

From his bio, it states he has been playing a lot of RB so it will be a plus once he gets the ball to see him outmaneuver the defensive players in space. Also, love the information posted that no one will out work Mr. Simmons. Speed, after the catch skills, and the ability to make the most of his skills via working at his craft, all in combination makes for a significant contribution. Welcome aboard!!!

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014

All I care is he can catch yeah its good to get more yards but just catch the dang ball

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

If Coach Saban wants the kid then welcome & Roll Tide Tyler!!!!!!..Kid must be a really good player & one of the top recruits at his position to become part of "The Process"..I quit questioning recruiting about 9yrs to this day..

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

raw speed is certainly important but not all great receivers are that fast. Route running, toughness and "hands" can more than make up for any lack of speed. I think the staff knows what they are doing and they have reasons for the offers they make.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

raw speed is certainly important but not all great receivers are that fast. Route running, toughness and "hands" can more than make up for any lack of speed. I think the staff knows what they are doing and they have reasons for the offers they make.
You think they know what they're doing? I think so too. I get your point but I think he's more than just a speedster

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

Actually from film this guy reminds me of Norwood. His thing wasn't so much speed, (though he had speed) so much as he was a bigger guy that used his body position to wall off receivers and make those critical third down plays.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Welcome Tyler. I'm excited. Reminds me a little of our reaction to Kenyan Drake's commitment. All I see are good things, what is not to like about this young man? He has PLENTY of speed and looks to be a very good all around player. IMO there is just not enough familiarity with him yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.