WR Tyler Simmons Flips, Signs With Georgia

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: ***WR Tyler Simmons commits to Bama***

He had enough Stars for Saban and that is the recruiting service I trust most :)
No argument from me I totally agree with you.
Exactly..These recruiting services misses more times than they care to admit..I quit trusting them after the 1st time we all watched Javier Arenas return kicks his freshman year..He was a 3* across the board on the recruiting services, but, he turned out to be more important to our team as any of the 5*'s that recruiting class & he contributed more than most from that class as well..

If there was ever a recruit that was the "Poster Child" to the flaws of these recruiting services..It's Javier Arenas..What these services can't factor in is the football "Heart" of a recruit..That's what ends up separating the good from the great in recruiting..JMO

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: ***WR Tyler Simmons commits to Bama***

Exactly..These recruiting services misses more times than they care to admit..I quit trusting them after the 1st time we all watched Javier Arenas return kicks his freshman year..He was a 3* across the board on the recruiting services, but, he turned out to be more important to our team as any of the 5*'s that recruiting class & he contributed more than most from that class as well..

If there was ever a recruit that was the "Poster Child" to the flaws of these recruiting services..It's Javier Arenas..What these services can't factor in is the football "Heart" of a recruit..That's what ends up separating the good from the great in recruiting..JMO
Amen. Have y'all noticed how once Saban offers suddenly the "STARS" tend to move upward?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** WR Tyler Simmons Commits to Alabama ***

Just flipped to UGA and signed with Kirby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Thanks. I think the reaching out to Ohio State comment is probably a good indicator he was playing the game and was never solid.

This is interesting, particularly since it follows the stuff from Fromm's dad about never connecting with the Alabama staff on the last visit .... Who would be the most important coach for a QB recruit and his family? Hmm.

The Simmons family didn’t connect with Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin. When they broached that subject with Nick Saban, Simmons said Kiffin contacted him with a good morning message the next day. Simmons replied, but never heard from Kiffin again until his family addressed it a second time. Kiffin finally came in hard to see him almost every day in the last week. “I’d been committed to Alabama for about two months and during that process I had not talked to Coach Kiffin but maybe once,” Simmons said. “That was on my official where I sat down with him for about 10 minutes.” That was a problem. If he wasn’t talking to Kiffin then, what will it be like at Alabama?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

This is interesting, particularly since it follows the stuff from Fromm's dad about never connecting with the Alabama staff on the last visit .... Who would be the most important coach for a QB recruit and his family? Hmm.

The Simmons family didn’t connect with Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin. When they broached that subject with Nick Saban, Simmons said Kiffin contacted him with a good morning message the next day. Simmons replied, but never heard from Kiffin again until his family addressed it a second time. Kiffin finally came in hard to see him almost every day in the last week. “I’d been committed to Alabama for about two months and during that process I had not talked to Coach Kiffin but maybe once,” Simmons said. “That was on my official where I sat down with him for about 10 minutes.” That was a problem. If he wasn’t talking to Kiffin then, what will it be like at Alabama?
So what are you saying? :cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Maybe completely wrong here, but I believe Kiffin isn't talking to him much because that's not Kiffin's recruiting territory. That is Kirby's area, which is why Simmons and Fromm both had better relationships with Kirby than Kiffin.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Maybe completely wrong here, but I believe Kiffin isn't talking to him much because that's not Kiffin's recruiting territory. That is Kirby's area, which is why Simmons and Fromm both had better relationships with Kirby than Kiffin.
This could absolutely be it. It's also true that Kiffin has never had a warm-and-fuzzy reputation. Over the past year, he also had a lot on his plate -- saving his job, losing his marriage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.