Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
***WE Tyler Simmons commits to Bama***

I heard a while back he committed in the helicopter, but it is official now

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Re: GA. Wide receiver Tyler Simmons commits to Alabama

This is a head scratcher to me. Do we still have room for A J Brown and Keith Gavin? Those guys are much better to me. If he had speed to burn, I might understand, but he gets caught from behind a lot. No flame please.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: GA. Wide receiver Tyler Simmons commits to Alabama

This is a head scratcher to me. Do we still have room for A J Brown and Keith Gavin? Those guys are much better to me. If he had speed to burn, I might understand, but he gets caught from behind a lot. No flame please.
Him going public today after possibly being a silent commit for months indicates he got the clear from the staff. The numbers game is fine.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: ***WR Tyler Simmons commits to Bama***

Where? All I've seen from senior year is speed and then some

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

Replaces Riley. He is a burner. Very fast. We wanted Riley but he shocked the staff by going with USCe. Obviously Riley wanted to be his own man. But we got a speed merchant in this guy. I have not seen him get caught from behind.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Not as highly ranked as Ridley and like someone mentioned already our staff was shocked by his announcement, and that news is what allowed this commit to come out. But this guy looks like a pretty good replacement, and I would rather have him than a player that commits to us just because his brother plays for us.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005

On jet sweeps where someone had an angle or after he juked someone.... kid is a ball player and very smooth. Not a 3 star, imo.
My point is he was getting caught by high school players. It will be a whole new ball game as you know when he gets to Bama. I hope I am wrong and you are right.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Glory, I'm with RTO on this one. Never saw him caught from behind. Saw him tackled after he outran or broke the tackles of 5 guys and the sixth one got him.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

My point is he was getting caught by high school players. It will be a whole new ball game as you know when he gets to Bama. I hope I am wrong and you are right.

I wouldn't worry to much about being right or wrong, that is coach Saban and his assistants job. None of us on a fan forum will be in jeopardy of losing our jobs if he turns out to be a flop. I do think coach Saban and staff have done an exemplary job in recruiting and developing so far in his tenure. No worries here for me! ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.