Uniform color for the game with Clemson

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
They need more of a shine on them helmets they wasn't shining too much during the game the other night.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Great, that means we either have to endure the puke orange or that God-awful purple.:mad:
I think the purple jerseys (and pants) were more of a Tommy Bowden thing though Dabo has brought them out occasionally. I highly doubt they will wear them in the NC game. My best guess is Clemson will wear their orange pants along with their orange jerseys just like they did in the '82 orange bowl against Nebraska during their 1981 Championship season. At least their orange looks good unlike the viles.

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
There's a pic on Clemson's Twitter page of their jersey for the NCG, and it's orange with the 2016 Championship game logo on it. Not sure what color pants they'll wear, but this confirms we'll be in our road whites.

Uniform discussion is usually a numbing off-season topic, but I will say that the only change I'd like to see is a change to gray cleats that would match our facemasks as well as gloves and undershirts. Throughout history we've worn black cleats and white cleats, but for many years the players wear varying combinations of black and white colored cleats. All gray would be more "uniform" and would be something unique that would be our own.

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I think the purple jerseys (and pants) were more of a Tommy Bowden thing though Dabo has brought them out occasionally. I highly doubt they will wear them in the NC game. My best guess is Clemson will wear their orange pants along with their orange jerseys just like they did in the '82 orange bowl against Nebraska during their 1981 Championship season. At least their orange looks good unlike the viles.
Nothing orange ever looks good to me. I don't care if it is gaudy, burnt, bright, on a uniform for Tennessee, Texas, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, Clemson, whatever. It is the color of the enemy.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
It's just about that time of year, uniform talk lol, and in that spirit will say that the Bama Gridiron Grey jacket that Kiffin and some of his staff wore is my next purchase. We have the best colors imo and uniforms. It's basic, but intimidating at the same time. Crimson is Blood Red.
If you find one of those please PM the link/info, only ones I have run across on the interwebs are Crimson.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Nothing orange ever looks good to me. I don't care if it is gaudy, burnt, bright, on a uniform for Tennessee, Texas, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, Clemson, whatever. It is the color of the enemy.
Yes.......I am thankful that Bama does not wear Orange, although I would like them the same. With merchandising fan garb, If teams could do over, they would shy away from Pumpkin Orange. You do no see many orange cars, you do crimson.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Yep that's it and once again "sold out". All I can find "in stock" are the Crimson ones. Thanks for the link though, I will keep checking back.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.