LA Times is worried about a "White" sweep at the Oscars

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Can't we look at QUALITY instead of QUANTITY? I honestly did NOT see a movie this past year! If a star's politics differ in a progressive way with mine, I'm not giving them any of my hard earned $'s. I've been asked, do you want to see Star Wars? Not really. Do you want to see "13 Hours". Not really, I'd come out of the theatre tooooo frustrated. Another movie? Nay! I'll just save what little money I have to do something constructive!

However, award the Oscar/s to whoever the BEST actors are (male/female) and whatever the best movie is. I guess sometimes that can be subjective, but I know QUALITY when I see it just like Coach Bryant knew CLASS when he saw it. Don't award mediocrity! Award EXCELLENCE no matter who has exhibited that EXCELLENCE.

This has been a non-payed and non-political advertisement!

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
All those poor, whiny Hollywood people who are complaining have already gotten awards for their work. There are millions of them in their bank accounts. Didn't matter what color they were when the ticket prices were collected. Americans do not care what race you are if you're good.
If Oscars are going to be based on racial quotas, they will be even more irrelevant than they are now.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm not an expert. I'm also, not someone that looks at every detail of a performance. We saw "Joy" -- and I have no idea why Jennifer Lawrence would be nominated for that. The movie was "anh" at best....and would have been better appreciated on netflix a year from now....

Then again - I love me some Star Wars, but I have no idea why everyone is so excited about the one that just came out. For me it's still "A New Hope" --

So, with all of that said.....most of what gets nominated isn't something we ever watch anyway....so, I could totally care less.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Since we have affirmative action so that African-Americans can get preferential treatment to get into universities, medical schools along with other "job preferences "...maybe they should have a "set aside" Oscars for African-Americans.
Yes....I am being scarcastic.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Since we have affirmative action so that African-Americans can get preferential treatment to get into universities, medical schools along with other "job preferences "...maybe they should have a "set aside" Oscars for African-Americans.
Yes....I am being scarcastic.
You know, if they wanted to do a "Best African-American Actor and Actress" award....I'd be okay with it. We do it with Music as we have Pop, Country, Rock, R&B, Rap, etc.

Why not have sub-genres of categories? It might curb some of this "faux" outrage.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.