BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

He now has a career total of:

414 catches
6201 receiving yards
34 receiving TD's

Next year in 2016 he will need 75 catches and 1791 receiving yards to surpass the immortal Don Hutson in two of those categories. He still had a ways to go on TD's.

Don Hutson career totals:

488 catches
7991 receiving yards
99 receiving TD's

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It's not Julio's fault for this but a big reason why the Falcons have regressed so mightily in the last few years is due to them selling the kingdom to move up in the draft and select him. This roster is missing a lot of pieces needed to compete at a high level and you can probably place that on all the lost picks from nabbing Julio. They drafted him with a win now mindset: sell the future to get the last piece to win with the core they had around the time they got Julio Jones. That core has gotten older/left/retired, the defense was never quite good enough to compliment the offense in the postseason, and here we are...Julio is in his prime and his team is garbage.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
just think if he had a better QB
Yup.."Matty Ice" is never going to QB them to a Super Bowl, Atlanta has the pieces of the puzzle there to make a Super Bowl type run & proved that by the 5-0 start of the season..Then "Matty Ice" went into one of the worst QB tail spins I've ever seen throwing INT's that killed The Falcons for the year..It was only fitting their last offensive play was a INT of course..It suxs for Julio & the rest of the team, but, Arthur Blanks made Matt Ryan his franchise player..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
What Atlanta needs is a run game...they get way too pass happy.

They also need a defensive line that can actually affect the passer.

And a secondary that can cover.

And linebackers that can fit gaps and cover in space.

Other than that...they're basically there.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I agree 100% with ya & don't understand why they are so pass happy at times because Devonta Freeman is as good of a RB there is in the NFL..Establish the run & control the tempo as the other teams offense is watching from the sideline..That helps keep the D from tiring out as well..Pretty much play Alabama kinda football..

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

also an Oline that can block consistently.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Atlanta needs a GM and owner that understand that football is won from the lines out, not from the skill positions in. I love Julio and think Ryan is a top tier QB but he rarely get's time to throw because the O Line has been neglected for years. 1 Decent draft pick on OL, 1 in Mathews, thats it. DL has a similar problem, what good is adding a speed rusher when you have noting else on the line? Fix the lines and the Falcons could be great, until then they won't be

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Every winning team, at any level, has players at the "skill positions".

What separates the good teams from the elite teams is quality, and depth, at the line positions. Surprised how many football team owning geniuses can't figure that out. Even Jerruh got smart, and upgraded his OL. (Of course, that was probably his son's doing, who also prevented him from drafting schmucks like Johnny Hancock.)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Atlanta needs a GM and owner that understand that football is won from the lines out, not from the skill positions in. I love Julio and think Ryan is a top tier QB but he rarely get's time to throw because the O Line has been neglected for years. 1 Decent draft pick on OL, 1 in Mathews, thats it. DL has a similar problem, what good is adding a speed rusher when you have noting else on the line? Fix the lines and the Falcons could be great, until then they won't be
Dimitroff should have been fired when Smith was fired. I am starting to think he has photos of Blank in a women's underwear or something. The Falcons have had a lot of busts over the years, Julio is the only homerun hit. The issue was never what the Falcons gave up for him, the issue was what they did with the picks they did get. All busts and all out of the NFL.

Congrats to Julio for a great season. He will be a first ballot HOF.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Dimitroff should have been fired when Smith was fired. I am starting to think he has photos of Blank in a women's underwear or something. The Falcons have had a lot of busts over the years, Julio is the only homerun hit. The issue was never what the Falcons gave up for him, the issue was what they did with the picks they did get. All busts and all out of the NFL.

Congrats to Julio for a great season. He will be a first ballot HOF.
:biggrin:

I believe that too. How this guy is hanging around, I have no idea. :conf2:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Falcons 2016 draft:
Pick 1: OL
Pick 2: OL
Pick 3: OL
Pick 4: OL

Maybe between 4 good choices one or two of then will pan out. Ryan is not elite but he's more than good enough for the Falcons to win - if he had time. A good OL makes everything on offense better... we all know that. If you don't believe me, ask Aaron Rodgers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.