WR Cavin Ridley Updates (Signs With Georgia)

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
Re: WR Cavin Ridley Updates (Backs off Commitment to USCe)

A little message Wilson sent him.

@RidleyCa hit me up bro. DM

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

Allybama, I went to Conway and still have several good friends over there. Who won the bell this year?

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

Allybama, I went to Conway and still have several good friends over there. Who won the bell this year?

I teach at CHS. Conway won the bell. We had a really good team, but struggled when our star WR Bryan Edwards got hurt with a knee injury. We are very young, so we should have a really good team again next year. Most of our starters were sophomores this year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

he's considering UGA as well. I would think Family got on Cavin for commiting out of blue like that. They wanted hiim to make the right decision.. because honestly USC wasn't a place fo rhim to go... He's better off at UA or UGA.. where they will use him in right way.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I can understand him going to another school & doing his own thang..But..It's still Alabama you're turning down & factor in Spurrier isn't USCe HC anymore & it's a no brainer to come to Bama..We've had some of the best WR's the game has ever produced under Coach Saban & I just don't see him not coming here to play with his Big Bro as well before he turns Pro..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

he's considering UGA as well. I would think Family got on Cavin for commiting out of blue like that. They wanted hiim to make the right decision.. because honestly USC wasn't a place fo rhim to go... He's better off at UA or UGA.. where they will use him in right way.
Yep, he just got 2 CB's to UGA in the last 18 hours. Looks like Kirby is going to be a thorn for us not just for possibly Cavin but others as well.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

A UGA fan here at work told me Ridley is set to enroll at Georgia this week and should be starting classes next week. He is usually correct when it comes to news on them. If so then it is what it is, looks like the younger Ridley just does not want to be at Bama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Think we can forget Cavin. Some UGA sites are reporting he's listed in the UGA student directory.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

Think we can forget Cavin. Some UGA sites are reporting he's listed in the UGA student directory.
While I prefer to have the younger Ridley versus not having him, I think we got the better of the two and we are still in hot pursuit for other WR's that are as good or better than him. Overall, I'm not sweating this one a bit.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Odd...between Bama and UGA it's usually UGA that gets the "L"!!! LOL!!! (CaLvin & Cavin.)

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

I saw on another message board busting USC chops.... it said what does USC stand for?? U SEEN CAVIN? I know bad joke.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I guess he didn't want to have to compete with his brother for playing time? If I was a WR I would be concerned about going to UGA because of the QB situation. It was dreadful this past season and it would be hard to project the QB position being much better going forward..

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

I guess he didn't want to have to compete with his brother for playing time? If I was a WR I would be concerned about going to UGA because of the QB situation. It was dreadful this past season and it would be hard to project the QB position being much better going forward..
They have Jacob Eason, the #1 rated QB recruit, already on board. Do you think he and young Ridley have struck up an acquaintance?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

They have Jacob Eason, the #1 rated QB recruit, already on board. Do you think he and young Ridley have struck up an acquaintance?
I would not be surprised Eason has been a big recruiter for them, especially receivers.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007

While I prefer to have the younger Ridley versus not having him, I think we got the better of the two and we are still in hot pursuit for other WR's that are as good or better than him. Overall, I'm not sweating this one a bit.
Agreed. I actually think this is for the best.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Odd...between Bama and UGA it's usually UGA that gets the "L"!!! LOL!!! (CaLvin & Cavin.)
Who knows? Maybe Riley nee Cavin was originally named after the Cavan bro. who played at UGa (Mike) instead of the Cavan bro. (Pete) who was a 'Bama RB?

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

A UGA fan here at work told me Ridley is set to enroll at Georgia this week and should be starting classes next week. He is usually correct when it comes to news on them. If so then it is what it is, looks like the younger Ridley just does not want to be at Bama.
i can see that with only 1 year of separation....tough to be in big brother's shadow.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Yep and Eason appears to be the real deal too with a cannon of an arm.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I certainly cannot blame him for going his own route but if he is doing so just for hope of more playing time, well, I just don't see it. If there is another team that can match us athlete for athlete I would say it would be a tie between LSU and...Georgia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.