Pick the score: Alabama vs. Clemson NCG

davidjanet

Dec 17, 2012
Bama defensive line is stronger than the offensive line of Clemson. We have better linebackers and secondary than Clemson. I believe both offensive lines are pretty even, and Clemson may have a slight edge with the defensive line offensive line match up. We have better overall receivers. We have a better running back and depth at this position. Coker is a better overall qb than Watson. As long as we contain Watson and put either inside backer on him, he won't run on us like he did Oklahoma. Also I believe our defense is more disciplined than Clemson's.

I say Alabama 41 Clemson 13. Welcome to the big leagues Clemson.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I'm going with 31-16.

This game could be close, it could be a shutout, or we could monumentally mess up the 1st quarter and lose. But I think most probably we hold Clemson to 1 TD on a good solid drive, then the rest of their drives get snuffed out in long FG range like aTm.

Their D is usually worse in the 2nd half, and our O always gets stronger. So, it will be a close game at halftime. Henry runs for near 200yds and we control the clock and keep their O off the field for a slow, throttling death in the 2nd half.

I'm going with 31-16.

This game could be close, it could be a shutout, or we could monumentally mess up the 1st quarter and lose. But I think most probably we hold Clemson to 1 TD on a good solid drive, then the rest of their drives get snuffed out in long FG range like aTm.

Their D is usually worse in the 2nd half, and our O always gets stronger. So, it will be a close game at halftime. Henry runs for near 200yds and we control the clock and keep their O off the field for a slow, throttling death in the 2nd half.
That's what I think about Clemson scoring. They get one good solid drive and the rest field goals.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Gets ugly for Clemson early. 21-3 at the half

Bama slows it down and coasts in with the 2nd team on the field.

31-10 Bama.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
No doubt Clemson is a good team, but I think they come in cocky and really unprepared for what is coming their way. I'm looking for us to get to the QB early with some early sacks and maybe a pick 6 or couple interceptions in the first half. I think over all, we contain him pretty well. In other words, I think we get them shaken up before the first half is over. I don't think they can stop our offense. I look for us to mix it up with Henry running for over 150 and Jake has a good passing game with 225 plus. I think maybe they get a couple field goals in the first half and thats it. 35-6 Bama embarrasses Clemson and finishes a great season. We'll hear for all the next week about how they beat themselves, how it was really closer than the score says and they should have won except for a few plays.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think many of you are vastly underestimating how good Clemson is this year. They are a Balanced team with a Top 20 Defense to go with their Dynamic Offense. I actually think both offenses will struggle though in a surprisingly defensive game.

My Pick is Bama 24 Clemson 20 in a nailbiter. Clemson could win though. I'd say the odd are about 60/40 in Bama's favor.

I think many of you are vastly underestimating how good Clemson is this year. They are a Balanced team with a Top 20 Defense to go with their Dynamic Offense. I actually think both offenses will struggle though in a surprisingly defensive game.

My Pick is Bama 24 Clemson 20 in a nailbiter. Clemson could win though. I'd say the odd are about 60/40 in Bama's favor.
Exactly. I just cannot doubt our defense though. It's hard seeing hen score 20. It will be close though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I do not underestimate their ability. I just think when it comes to intangibles, they are worlds behind Alabama. Mentally, they are not going to know what has hit them next Monday night. If I saw a little less cockiness from them on the field, I'd be less inclined to think this game could be a blowout.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Of course anyone can beat anyone on a given Saturday. However, this is not N Carolina or Duke Clemson is playing. This is the #1 ranked recruit class for four, five or six years running and they are FOCUSED. Clemson would play a close game with Mississippi, Mississippi State and LSU. With Bama it will not be close.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I do not underestimate their ability. I just think when it comes to intangibles, they are worlds behind Alabama. Mentally, they are not going to know what has hit them next Monday night. If I saw a little less cockiness from them on the field, I'd be less inclined to think this game could be a blowout.
How much trouble did we have with the cockiest mobile QB in college football in years in Manziel? IMO - we're much better in the front 4 than we were then, but I expect Watson to give us some trouble. We should win this game, but Watson projects much more like the QB that gives us problems than Cook does, IMO.

38-28 good guys.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.