49ers job is open, UCLA might be, would they look at Kiffin?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
UCLA - blank no.

49ers - As a Niners fan, I would hope yes. But reality is that that ship sailed last season

Last edited:

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
What do you mean "UCLA might be"? Have I missed something? Have you heard this or it's a personal hunch? Not questioning you, just curious!

Personally I think Kiffin is back one more year, but the right offer could change that! I see the 49ers going Holmgren or something like that. They need a "Momma is calling name" I think! Or at least one that can make some waves.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
My Niners need more than a coach. Young Jed is Jerry Jones-lite. He's an exec (actually passed down to him) that fancies himself a football person. He has an inept GM who he refuses to fire, and he won't hire a REAL team president (he fills that role himself). Problems are much deeper. Tomsula is a very very nice man who should have never been given the job in the first place (just like Singletary never should have been hired). Going from position coach (not coordinator) very rarely works out well. The only recent exception I can think of is Mike Tomlin but that had more to do with the fact that he was taking over for a coach who had left on his own (not been fired), and with a Super Bowl winning roster still very much intact.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
My Niners need more than a coach. Young Jed is Jerry Jones-lite. He's an exec (actually passed down to him) that fancies himself a football person. He has an inept GM who he refuses to fire, and he won't hire a REAL team president (he fills that role himself). Problems are much deeper. Tomsula is a very very nice man who should have never been given the job in the first place (just like Singletary never should have been hired). Going from position coach (not coordinator) very rarely works out well. The only recent exception I can think of is Mike Tomlin but that had more to do with the fact that he was taking over for a coach who had left on his own (not been fired), and with a Super Bowl winning roster still very much intact.
As a Niners fan, I wish Jed would relieve himself of football duties. Herm Edwards was on Mike & Mike this morning and he said this is the National Football League not Fantasy Football. Our Niners haven't been right since Eddie Jr lost control of the team. The Yorks had an issue with Mariucci and Harbaugh. You tell me who the common denominator is in this mess.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
What do you mean "UCLA might be"? Have I missed something? Have you heard this or it's a personal hunch? Not questioning you, just curious!

Personally I think Kiffin is back one more year, but the right offer could change that! I see the 49ers going Holmgren or something like that. They need a "Momma is calling name" I think! Or at least one that can make some waves.
It was mentioned on Finebaum that it's widely known that Mora is looking to jump in the big pond again. If it happens, who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
As a Niners fan, I wish Jed would relieve himself of football duties. Herm Edwards was on Mike & Mike this morning and he said this is the National Football League not Fantasy Football. Our Niners haven't been right since Eddie Jr lost control of the team. The Yorks had an issue with Mariucci and Harbaugh. You tell me who the common denominator is in this mess.
Was his parents running it in the ground first. And when Jed took over, because he was so close with Eddie, I thought he would actually be an extension of Eddie (i.e. Eddie actually running it). But he chose Baalke (at his uncle's behest) and chose him over Singletary (which he should have). He chose Baalke over Harbaugh. And Tomsula back-stabbed Harbaugh (thus Jim's cryptic tweet last night: "Be not deceived. You will reap what you sow."). He's married to Baalke. Jay Glazer flat out said that most big time coaches DO NOT want to work with Baalke. We've missed on a ton of great prospects in the draft, because Baalke is convinced that he's the smartest guy in the room. He's been trying to rebuild the secondary for THREE drafts!! Does it really take that long? Meanwhile, our offensive line is decimated. Our defensive line can't stay healthy to save their lives. Just bad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.