Link: Clemson OG on Bama's D: “I don’t think they’ve really been tested running the ball."

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
From the article:
"But Clemson offers two 1,000-yard rushers in Wayne Gallman (1,482) and Deshaun Watson (1,032). When a team can put two of the ACC’s top 10 rushers on the field at once, it can provide a look Alabama might have trouble with. Take into account Watson gained his yardage from the quarterback position, and that adds another unique wrinkle."

I think we've seen something similar in the Vols:
RB Jalen Hurd - 1,288 yards
QB Josh Dobbs - 671 yards
Unless we are playing with more than 1 ball.....having 2 over 1,000 is no different than 1 with 2,000 yards.....

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Clemson OG on Bama's D: “I don’t think they’ve really been tested running the...

Gallman ran hard against OU but he doesn't remind me of Hurd. Not as scary. Plus Bama D ain't OU D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Re: Clemson OG on Bama's D: “I don’t think they’ve really been tested running the...

Bama players are probably too focus on what they want to accommodate listed to be annoyed about what another team player has to say.

Clemson may be #1 but there is a reason why bama is favored. Bama gets the benefit of the death but, Clemson hasn't earn that. Less talking from a problem the the term "Clemsoning" to the world.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
The position where clemson could give Bama problems is at qb, Watson is the real deal. Watson's speed is deceptive. He has long strides and doesn’t look fast but has what I call game speed (fast in pads). Oklahoma arrogantly refused to shadow him and he had 100 yards rushing in the first quarter. I doubt Saban makes the same mistake with OU film to watch.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
We could have beaten MSU running the ball. That has been lost. That you can simply shut down our running game, you cannot. We would not have beaten them 38-0, but we would have still won. We can run it down their throats and still beat them by 7.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Re: Clemson OG on Bama's D: “I don’t think they’ve really been tested running the...

Bama players are probably too focus on what they want to accommodate listed to be annoyed about what another team player has to say.

Clemson may be #1 but there is a reason why bama is favored. Bama gets the benefit of the death but, Clemson hasn't earn that. Less talking from a problem the the term "Clemsoning" to the world.
I think you may have been autocorrectized. :conf3:

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
The position where clemson could give Bama problems is at qb, Watson is the real deal. Watson's speed is deceptive. He has long strides and doesn’t look fast but has what I call game speed (fast in pads). Oklahoma arrogantly refused to shadow him and he had 100 yards rushing in the first quarter. I doubt Saban makes the same mistake with OU film to watch.
Who would be our best spy? Ragland Hamilton or Foster.. I heard Hamilton and that's why he got more snaps lately but wasn't sure

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Didn't the MSU OL say something similar before the Cotton Bowl?
Yes and both teams were/are trying to convince themselves they can win the battle/game. It is a defeatist comment IMO. I love seeing these type of comments since it gets our guys attention but also shows the opponents mindset.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Go ahead & make stuff up if it makes y'all sleep well before the game cause you'll need all the rest y'all can get..We all know what's going to happen..This Bama team is the best Bama Team I've ever seen despite the Ole Miss loss & we will win The NC this year..

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
LOL! They have no idea... but, by all means keep running your mouth!

RTR!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well okay then...not something you should say knowing it would be plastered all over the news articles.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Did this lineman break out of the dorm and call a press conference? Dabo better sit on these guys the rest of the week. This is probably going to be a textbook case of letting your mouth overload your rear end.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.